And why not, even more rocks

Started by Dune, September 17, 2015, 02:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

Whoa! The rockfields are done with Daniil's erosion shader? Looks superb.

TheBadger

Quote from: otakar on October 05, 2015, 03:38:52 PM
Whoa! The rockfields are done with Daniil's erosion shader? Looks superb.

It is determining where the fake stones go, or it is creating fake stones?
It has been eaten.

AP

The flow map created by the erosion plugin is what is acting as a mask for the fake stones if i recall correctly.

Oshyan

The erosion plugin produces some optional mask outputs and those can be used to control distribution of other elements like Fake Stones, object Populations, etc.

- Oshyan

Dune

bobbystahr

Love the added, as my nephew would have called em, terror dactyls...hee hee...can't wait for the release of this but I suppose we will have to...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Some more experiments with Daniil's erosion shader. Nice rivers can be derived from the masks.

fleetwood

Nice. First one reminds me of the opening scenes of "Prometheus".

bobbystahr

cool beans Ulco...'nother bonus since we lost the barely usable make river
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

fleetwood

I used and liked "make river" but now I have to edit it out of the xml of any old files that used it or they blow up on attempting to open.  :'(

Kadri

Looks nice Ulco.

Quote from: fleetwood on October 15, 2015, 12:38:03 PM
I used and liked "make river" but now I have to edit it out of the xml of any old files that used it or they blow up on attempting to open.  :'(

What is happening?

fleetwood

Kadri :
The "make river" height field is auto generating so it tries to generate the river as soon as the tgd opens . It can't be aborted and after a few seconds of generating Terregen crashes. The only way I've found to use those old tgd's is to hand edit out the make river node. 

Kadri

I see. Is there no line to turn it off in the file?

fleetwood

It couldn't be turned off. The "make river" had no flag for setting generate off. Just has to be removed.

Kadri

Good that the TGD files can be edited at least.