Ashundar Update

Started by old_blaggard, August 17, 2007, 04:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_blaggard

For those who didn't notice, Ashundar (www.ashundar.com) underwent a big update recently.  We now have a new forum and gallery system, and we are actively reinstating some of our old features.  We have added a downloads section, which currently features more than 150 terrains and files.  Soon we should be able to start accepting submissions for new downloads.

Just wanted to let you know ;).  Stop by and take a look.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

DeathTwister

Cool cool cool my brothers and I plan to do just that, thanks for the heads up my friends.

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

NWsenior07

I like the changes over there OB it looks really good, more up to date I'd say.

reck

Ashundar is a top top site. Highly recommended.

Will

Its was the first TG community I ever really payed attention too. Good to see it got a make over :)
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Thanks for the positive input, guys :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Tangled-Universe

Glad to see it more and more "recovered"...visited it quite regularly  :)

Martin

old_blaggard

Well, we just added a way for users to upload files.  You have to be registered and have made at least one post, but hopefully this will be a good and organized way to keep files straight and available :).

monks

Cool- must check out the new features :)

monks

firesuite

Its looking great :) does this mean that Tcon revolution is officially dead?

Oshyan

We do still hope to merge the old Tcon gallery and forum archives with Ashundar but the tech isn't there yet. Specifically we're waiting on a forum merging feature for Simple Machines Forum. Supposedly one is in development but progress is slow. And of course, as Terragen 2 takes the forefront, the old Terracon galleries and posts are less and less relevant. Still I'd like to keep them around as an accessible archive and they'd be interesting and useful for those who decide to stick with TG 0.9 as well.

- Oshyan

firesuite

Quote from: Oshyan on August 19, 2007, 12:13:42 AM
We do still hope to merge the old Tcon gallery and forum archives with Ashundar but the tech isn't there yet. Specifically we're waiting on a forum merging feature for Simple Machines Forum. Supposedly one is in development but progress is slow. And of course, as Terragen 2 takes the forefront, the old Terracon galleries and posts are less and less relevant. Still I'd like to keep them around as an accessible archive and they'd be interesting and useful for those who decide to stick with TG 0.9 as well.

- Oshyan

Thats cool,

I have fond memories of starting out with terragen .9 and tcon :)

Oshyan

I was never a big part of the TCR community, but I do fondly remember the old Terracon *contest* that Tim and Angela ran. I'd love to bring that back at some point with a similar strength of entrants and participation. I think that's a very appropriate thing for a site like Ashundar to focus on. With the creation of this forum and its vastly increased activity (and ease of use) vs. the old Yahoo list, other community sites that focus on Terragen have had to rethink their approach somewhat. Many communities serve other language groups very specifically, so they remain extremely valuable for that reason alone. Something like Ashundar has a less clear purpose in some sense. But I think good contests, full galleries, and large file hosting are our strengths and we'll continue to expand on those as we move forward. I plan to bring the Terracon contest (or at least one on that level) back and I'd like to bring the TCR discussion and gallery archives with it...

- Oshyan

old_blaggard

We just restarted the Image of the Week contests, so anyone wanting to test their mettle in a contest is encouraged to participate.  Image of the Week is a bit of a misnomer, though, because the contest is actually open for two weeks.  I hope to see some of your submissions!

chefc

I love the updated Ashundar site I see that wk 79 (current) is Wild water's ,been awhile since I've entered IOTW  i 'm pretty sure I can come up with something interesting ;D
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)