In the drydock

Started by DocCharly65, October 14, 2015, 02:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

No clue how they deal with relativity in Star Trek. Could be explained with some Technobabble. 

DocCharly65

Lightspeed?

Ok:    8) ;D

[attach=1]

Of course the lightspeed-effect is realized with Terragen!

masonspappy

Pretty simple, really.  Place tachyon emitters a regulars intervals around an ship in space, which produces a faster-than-light cloud while also isolating the object from influence of external space. Minus that external influence the ship will displace itself at same frequency and angular velocity as the tachyon cloud, and speed/direction is determined by increasing intensity of tachyons in any particular direction.  Without influence of external space, the ship also references itself for location and velocity, so there is no need artificial gravity.
Simple constructs, really. I build them in the garage on weekends.

DocCharly65

8)

...about the lightspeed and relativity: 
Last week I found a WORMHOLE even at only 30 mph!  :o
IT  WAS  IN  MY  APPLE, I buyed some minutes ago from my fruit farmer !!!
And I thought: This is  RELATIVE  UGLY!!!   :P

;D ;D

Dune

Watch out for getting absorbed by that wormhole! You might end up somewhere you don't want to be (other universe or so)  :P

Hannes

TheBadger

I am already confused as hell.
It has been eaten.

AP

You think your confused, i have to run a level two diagnostic on myself to make sure i'm not stuck in a holodeck program.

DocCharly65

After the last animation test I had to come back here for closing some small logical holes.
Many hundred frames to render again but since TG4 I spare so much time that it's worth it.

In the allied fleet animation I had changed the position and direction of the Voyager. I also could find a "logical reason" like "it turned 180° for the start" but becaue of more reasons I prefered to rerender the scene.

I will add a little scene where two astronauts fly in their EMUs to the Enterprise's back to check the damage produced by the A-Team  8) ;)

Meanwhile the Voyager sends a reserve shuttle to the enterprise, which will be used by the smoking Doc later.

Here I want to credit the artist again who designed the Enterprise model: Raul Mamoru. I found so many lovely details - even interior details I didn't notice that I wanted to show more of them.

What happened he last days:

[attach=1]  [attach=2]  [attach=3]

From left to right:
1. The little crew to check the damage
2. The docking door with some additional light
3. The docking reserve shuttle (an older render - the actual version will have the more yellow/orange door lights)

Older renders didn't look good at all untill I found the reason: I added 30 little glass plates dirctly behind each window. almost unvisible but making the difference. (E.g. you can see the reflection of the astronauts in the windows of the bottany)

The starting "Smoking Doc":

[attach=4]  [attach=5]

The left one is the new TG4 version. In the right one old TG3 version) I have marked the two main changes.
Also the Voyager was too small in relation and the shuttle will pass the camera closer.

Dune

Thanks for the update, Nils. I really appreciate you doing this (both actually doing it and posting), but I won't say words like 'wonderful, and wow' again every time  ;)

DocCharly65

No problem Ulco  ;D

I'm just happy to know, not boring everyone too much.
Of course as always c&c welcome but as you correctly see... no 10 times copy-pasted "wow" necessary  :D

I'm not sure who it was, saying this is a kind of "longest making of" ever. So I just try to keep you all informed while nothing "really new" happens ;) Sometimes I feel a bit bad that I go back to the same scenes again and again and do not really develop myself in TG. But If I try something new there's a 90% chance (or risk?) that I'll add it to the film project...  ;D 8)

Kadri

You will be so happy when you finish this Nils  ;D

And by the way J.J. Abrams would be very proud of the last render  :P  ;D

otakar

Can't wait for the animation! Some of the renders posted get me so excited.

I almost bought the fully functional new bluetooth communicator badge [http://www.startrek.com/article/tng-bluetooth-communicator-badge-available-now], but it won't ship till November, so I can wait (for next Halloween). The 50 year anniversary is a good time for this, tough :0

Oshyan

So there is some kind of forest inside the Enterprise? :D

- Oshyan