Transform Input and Keep Position

Started by WAS, December 02, 2015, 12:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Quote from: WASasquatch on December 03, 2015, 09:41:42 PM
Quote from: Hetzen on December 03, 2015, 09:14:21 PM
Scale only works uniformly from the origin in TG for noise.

Bummer. Such a limitation without re-creating the wheel in functions I don't fully understand. Really need a rasterize function to pipe in any PF and have it act almost like a heightmap, ability to control width/height (cropping) and origin. Been told it's too hard to do, but I honestly see it as being easy, or at least straight forward. You literally take the defined area of width height and origin, and export as a TIFF into temp and load it to use like a heightmap/image shader.

No scale function will do what you're asking in any app without getting into particles. What you can do is use the grey scale from the PF to give you a gradient that you can clip to give you a pseudo scale.

WAS

Quote from: Hetzen on December 04, 2015, 08:17:10 PM
Quote from: WASasquatch on December 03, 2015, 09:41:42 PM
Quote from: Hetzen on December 03, 2015, 09:14:21 PM
Scale only works uniformly from the origin in TG for noise.

Bummer. Such a limitation without re-creating the wheel in functions I don't fully understand. Really need a rasterize function to pipe in any PF and have it act almost like a heightmap, ability to control width/height (cropping) and origin. Been told it's too hard to do, but I honestly see it as being easy, or at least straight forward. You literally take the defined area of width height and origin, and export as a TIFF into temp and load it to use like a heightmap/image shader.

No scale function will do what you're asking in any app without getting into particles. What you can do is use the grey scale from the PF to give you a gradient that you can clip to give you a pseudo scale.

Well I mean, if we have a preview camera looking at said textures outside of the project (shader preview), that same system can easily capture what it sees and use it. ;)