Just a test

Started by TheBadger, December 07, 2015, 05:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

That looks good bobby. The trunk has really got some proper info in it.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Well first I had forgotten to Drop to zero in PR so went back in to do that(hate floating trees) and decided to SubD the tree...well a warning...it quadruples the faces. 3, 3000, 000 approx. Then I adjusted textures in Deep Exploration and took it back to TG3 where the trunks promptly disappeared, tried a resave and same thing so went back and stopped at the PR conversion and it seems to have worked.
I had a project up where I was teaching myself how to stack PFs using Ulco's tute from the jet fighter thread, and although I didn't use any of his Blue Node tricks I think I'm getting it. Most definately a more appropriate texture for Olives to be growing on based on a google image search...maybe some FakeStones if this becomes a project.
Took a break while rendering this image and discovered that all the trees are likewise affected, the trunk is always attached to at least fruit, and sometimes a selection of fruit and leaves. As it stands most can be used with rotation away from the 'diseased' part of the tree but as you'll notice in the smallish render that the 'sick bits' jump right out as white. Be mind boggling to go thru the pop and rotate all the sick bits out.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

That looks pretty neat, as a whole, Bobby.

DocCharly65

A beautiful landscape, Bobby!

And on the image before I liked that sandhill very much.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on December 15, 2015, 04:55:22 AM
That looks pretty neat, as a whole, Bobby.

Thanks man, too bloody bad the person who exported them had not a clue about exporting from max to .obj. Call out to all .max users here...could someone reconvert these from the max files to .obj and re share...the trees would be awesome if the trunks weren't connected to leaves and olives on every one of em. I managed to break them up and re-label them  as .3ds but it refuses to break apart that trunk bit...most frustrating.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

Max files still seem to be a big deal. There were some free downloads i found some time ago, some models of this and that and all were .max format. It's just what is well known and used in the industry. But i understand the frustration also.

It's looking to be a neat scene you got there.

TheBadger

Good going bobby.  8)

You should build on that scene for when I post the obj of the temple.
ho ho ho ho

Or do you also not believe in santa? >:(
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Sorry about missing christmas :P
Well I re did a ton for a massive polly reduction which should make the whole thing much more friendly. And I put in a coffered ceiling, and am doing the interior up right for the dedicated who like to do interiors. Even made some braziers. remapped a bunch so it will be easier for people to make there own textures if they wish.

[attach=1]

Not going to get the statues for the pediment or the one inside though.

Got a little more to rebuild then gota paint the damn thing.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: TheBadger on January 13, 2016, 03:32:59 PM
Sorry about missing christmas :P
Well I re did a ton for a massive polly reduction which should make the whole thing much more friendly. And I put in a coffered ceiling, and am doing the interior up right for the dedicated who like to do interiors. Even made some braziers. remapped a bunch so it will be easier for people to make there own textures if they wish.

[attach=1]

Not going to get the statues for the pediment or the one inside though.

Got a little more to rebuild then gota paint the damn thing.

My  Olive scene awaits your temple....heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New