Terragen 4 is in Development!

Started by Oshyan, December 11, 2015, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

We're excited to announce that Terragen 4 is now in development, and we want to show you some of the first renders from our amazing alpha testers and the dev team. Terragen 4 is going to be faster, more interactive and easier to use and we can't wait to show you more. Check out Terragen4.com for weekly updates and info on new features, plus behind-the-scenes content from our development team.

And if you like what you see, you can reserve your copy of Terragen 4.0 today by buying or upgrading to Terragen 3 with a 1 year maintenance plan. We're currently targeting the second quarter of 2016 for the release of Terragen 4.0 and by buying now you get the best price and the quickest possible update. You can find our product maintenance options in the Planetside Software Online Store. If you're upgrading from Terragen Classic or Terragen 2, you'll need to be logged-in to your account in our online store. Then just look for the specially-marked Upgrade products and add the Maintenance Add-on on the product page before you check out. Please note that only versions with Animation allow the maintenance add-on.

If you already own Terragen 3, then just wait for the announcement of upgrade pricing which will happen closer to release next year. As a licensed owner of Terragen 3 you will certainly be entitled to a fair discount.

- Oshyan

pokoy

You don't know how happy I am to see that volumetric rendering is being improved, fantastic! They all look great :D

archonforest

Quote from: Oshyan on December 11, 2015, 06:43:36 PM...As a licensed owner of Terragen 3 you will certainly be entitled to a fair discount.
- Oshyan

This is great news!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

The new clouds will make you weep... OK, maybe that's a slight exaggeration. :D

- Oshyan

AP

Going by what you are saying, what is being reviled so far is but a small foretaste of what is to come with the new clouds.

TheBadger

QuoteOK, maybe that's a slight exaggeration
Not if its as easy as it is good. I will F-ing cry
It has been eaten.

pokoy

Quote from: Oshyan on December 13, 2015, 04:01:36 PM
The new clouds will make you weep... OK, maybe that's a slight exaggeration. :D

- Oshyan
I can't wait to find out whether it's an exaggeration or not ;)

Matt

Hey guys,

We've posted our first video to terragen4.com. Ray Traced Realtime Preview, Part 1. Check it out!

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Matt on December 18, 2015, 12:22:31 AM
Hey guys,

We've posted our first video to terragen4.com. Ray Traced Realtime Preview, Part 1. Check it out!

Matt

Nice! 

AP

Fantastic! It reminds me of what Modo's realtime preview can do.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Chris on December 18, 2015, 01:25:38 AM

3D Coat has something similar, though that's an object creation program.  Great to see it makes it's way to Terragen.

TheBadger

"Preview, Part 1. Check it out!"
I really did get that feeling that you get when something makes you happy :)!

Its basically a whole new program :o

But it brings up the question, will it work like that (the link) on my system? What are the specs of the demo machine?

Also,

HOLLY CRAP!! THATS BAD ASS!
It has been eaten.

AP

Quote from: Upon Infinity on December 18, 2015, 01:32:30 AM
Quote from: Chris on December 18, 2015, 01:25:38 AM

3D Coat has something similar, though that's an object creation program.  Great to see it makes it's way to Terragen.

Right, i remember seeing that as well some time ago. This is the right direction to go without a doubt. It makes is so much more easy to see what a user wants before final.

Matt

It was recorded on a fast machine, but don't let that put you off. It's a Dual E5-2630 v3 @ 2.4GHz. It remains interactive on slower systems too, just taking longer to refine to a certain level of quality. Much of the code was written and tested on a 3-year-old Core i7 (2600 @ 3.4GHz) with 12 Gb and it performs well on that machine too. The demo machine had 32 Gb but didn't need it. I expect the ray-traced preview to be useful on a wide range of systems when it is released.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

KyL

Very nice. I am actually quite impressed by the speed. Even if the machine has 26 threads at 2.4Ghz.
I assume (correct me if i'm wrong),  that as with the existing micropolygon preview renderer, core speed is going to be an important factor as well... I am confident it will perform as good on 8 or 16 threads at a higher clock.

Looking forward to it!