little riddle

Started by DocCharly65, January 11, 2016, 03:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

sorry - as I told, I have not so much time for new stuff this year but sometimes there are little new ideas.

Today you get a little riddle...
what's the name of the town?
and what background has the decaying store?

...I think owners of a Playstation will know best  ;)

[attach=1] and 3D: [attach=2]

Perhaps I will integrate this scenerey in my film project starting with a more beautiful sight:

[attach=3] (3D tonight)

and then howling sirens while the fog is coming...

This  time I could use an advantage of my absurdly big tgd files (in this case the suburban road)... I can find and create many new places in those big areas.
BWM, cigaret box and the billboard from archive3D, the Rabbit and the pallets from TF3DM, coke-cans from turbosquid. Also from Turbosquid: The abandoned srore - with many time invested in photoshopping the textures  ;)  )

Dune

That is one hell of a building, Nils. Very fine texturing. Great render also. I do miss a little shine on the car though, do you have a RT reflection on it?

DocCharly65

Thanks Dune  :)

The car... yes I am a little bit unsatisfied too. I used only very very slight reflections to avoid exploding rendertimes with all that fog!

When I start to prepare the animation I'll puzzle out - still not sure about the changes in my script (again  ;) )
Perhaps I will even change the car competely because BMW is not a brand that one associates with horror films  :o  ;D

Hannes

No idea where this could be, but anyway a very very cool scene! Indeed the building is incredible!

Now for the nitpicking: ;)

Shouldn't the car stand a bit more on the sidewalk? Who parks like this? OK, there are some women in the scene... (No offense! No offense! ;) ;) ;))
Everything is perfectly clean. There should be a lot more dirt and trash in the scene to my taste. And the area where this incredibly fleshy lady in the green dress is standing has a very obvious tiling.

Hannes

Looking closer to the image I had the impression even more that everything looks perfectly clean except the house. Somehow it looks like planted into a typical german suburb. You surely know we germans tend to clean our sidewalks (and sometimes the streets as well) with our tongues. But only on saturdays. Right after we have washed our cars.
With our tongues.

Rumburak

With fog (and flashlight  ;)) I would say it's Silent Hill - just as it is written on the window.

DocCharly65

Hannes, I will look for some dirt...
Strange... search for dirt to integrate it somewhere to not be seen as a too tidy german ...  :o  ;D ;D ;D

Very good, Rumburak...  :)

The original first game is quite old now. Was a revolutionary new technics on the PS1 in 1999.
And a typical message in the game was: "The door lock seems to be broken - I can't open the door" while you have to check about 20,000 doors...  ;D

So I thought... how could this be happened? -- of course: The Locksmith is closed (probably eaten by a monster)  ;)

inkydigit

scary place!
(silent hill!)
great texture work, cool model...
more grime is definitely needed... cigarette box seems a bit big?
maybe some cigarette ends/butts
that lady gets about!
:)
all in all a great scene!
:)
J

TheBadger

Yep, "silent hill". Not very hard since the sign says silent hill on it  ;D

The scale if off though compare the woman to the door way.

Great otherwise
It has been eaten.

j meyer

8) Nice texturing Nils.
Noticed that the texture of the wall to the right of the entrance is mirrored,though.

Another car... hmmm... how about a Landy? ;)

archonforest

yes SH. Great game and movie! :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

Thanks for the c&c. Your suggestions let me do some little changes:

The pavement in front of and next to the abandoned building is exchanged completely to get rid of the tiling view.

The telefone poles are set a bit to the back to have place forsetting back the house too.

On NWDA I found the very helpful Dirt Pack vol 1 to make the street and sidewalk a bit "busier"
Must be 7-8 populations to get the whole street covered without too obvious recurrences.

BMW exchanged with the Lincoln Navigator - it could be Rosy's company car and she inspects the building in terms of business acquisition?

Also changed POV to get a better view onto the side of the car with a bit reflections. A direct front view looked bad.

[attach=1]

I will add one more "dirt"-pop to the sidewalk on the reight and try to mirror the shop sign on the right  ;)
In the original texture there was a big fat disturbing and hard shadow of a powerline I had to retouch. On the windows you can see some rests but thy are not disturbing in my eyes. But on the building bricks it was some hours work - so this will be easy to do  ;D

AP

Wow, so much to ponder over. It looks just like a classic Americana town. I never owned a Playstation so my guess would have been off.

Hannes