Towers of rock

Started by inkydigit, January 11, 2016, 06:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

An adaptation of René's Rock surface (available at the Terragen fb page)... Some quick postwork in snapseed... Thanks for dropping by and taking time to view and comment! These are always much appreciated!
Cheers
Inky
:)

Hannes

The rocks look quite good, although a little smooth. The bushes on the vertical surfaces are a bit out of place, and I would leave out the DOF. It makes the image look like a tabletop image of a model.

inkydigit

Thanks Hannes, yes the dof is tooooo much! Also, getting the bushes to integrate is tricky too...
Here are some other versions without the post.... As you can see the foreground is way too rough... Back to the drawing board... :)

Hannes

What about using a distribution shader as density shader for the population? You should use a smaller object spacing and use a PF in the distribution shader to get more randomly distributed clumps of bushes. And of course you can restrict them to more horizontal surfaces by using the slope constraint.

inkydigit

Hi Hannes,
a distribution shader was used, as was some slope constraint... though I think the clumping scale is off...?
The slope constraint was pretty tight, so there are(must be?) some tiny ledges on the smooth rock face that still support some flora... doesn't look right though...
I will see what else I can cook up... though I have several other tgds on the go... :)))
thanks for the feedback...
Jason

Dune

Why do people have a facebook TG or TG facebook page, when this is the real place to be?

Kadri

Nice images.

Quote from: Dune on January 11, 2016, 08:38:19 AM
Why do people have a facebook TG or TG facebook page, when this is the real place to be?

Here are only Terragen lovers.There everybody...you know.
I don't like it too but not much to do about until that kind of "social media" popularity diminishes...

Tangled-Universe

Ghehe Ulco, of course I'm not going to tell you what you should do, but FB isn't such a scary place ;)

inkydigit

Quote from: Kadri on January 11, 2016, 09:33:04 AM

Nice images.

Here are only Terragen lovers.There everybody...you know.
I don't like it too but not much to do about until that kind of "social media" popularity diminishes...
thanks Kadri!
@ T-U ... maybe some people are scared of this place lol! :))
cheers
J

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

There are many, maybe all, of my friends who have no idea what Terragen is Ulco; and I have a need to blow their minds on a regular basis, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

j meyer

I like the rocks,very nice.

inkydigit

Thanks folks... @TheBadger... Cool, gonna have to control some of the nodes, some erosion would be nice too though :)
J

DocCharly65

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 11, 2016, 11:30:17 AM
There are many, maybe all, of my friends who have no idea what Terragen is Ulco; and I have a need to blow their minds on a regular basis, hee hee hee

I am absolutely in your opinion.
Some years ago I just deleted my facebook account just to check if it works... Too lazy to create a new one. On the other side - this peace and beautiful silence on my PCs  ;)...  Perhaps throughout the started year... Or a little low budget homepage.

Nice rocks, Jason!  :)

TheBadger

Was the new erosion being used here? And if no, what happens to the forms if applied?
I keep coming back to this image because there are some things happening that could really be applied to lots of other similar purposes and am just curious about the erosion shader on forms like this.
It has been eaten.