Need a break?

Started by DocCharly65, January 26, 2016, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

;D

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 29, 2016, 03:50:20 AM
Really absolutely most trouble is the automatic update function of Windows 10! I must admit - I am greedy and stingy with effective PC usage during their uptime. And I always could cry if I want to check the first frames of a new renderjob before I leave for the office in the morning and I see the windows login screen!!!  ??? :-[ :'( >:( :(

But this is a bit better now since I mostly check for updates before going to sleep...  :)

That is annoying yes. We should have control over that.
Maybe there are a solution around? I use the "defer feature updates" option but that is not a real solution.

DocCharly65

Somewhere I saw something like "restart while PC is not used"  and  "define usage times".

Perhaps I'll play around with this some day.  --- if I find it again  ;D

Dune

I love this progression too. many years ago I earned my living scribbling images in pen and ink, well, that era has gone for ever.

Can't you shut off internet connection while rendering to avoid updates?

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on August 29, 2016, 04:13:49 AM
I love this progression too. many years ago I earned my living scribbling images in pen and ink, well, that era has gone for ever.

Can't you shut off internet connection while rendering to avoid updates?

Theoretically yes but I would have to reorganize my network, because I do complicated backups via network.

Also TG4 wouldn't start without internet.
It's same "additional" work to check for updates all 1-3 days manually or taking care before starting TG4 to connect internet and after starting renderjob disconnect again.

luvsmuzik

Is there such an option in TG where render could auto pause if connection is lost or interrupted? I know you can save all renders to Temp, but I think this could be some new option maybe? Seems like Fridays are the worst in US. I do not know if all the updates are shoved in as it is TGIF or the financial wizards are gathering or what, but even the fastest stuff bogs down, even retail servers.

DocCharly65

Nice idea luvsmuzik but I guess it won't work. I think best is in fact a little bit of good old handwork... checking for updates is no big thing to do.

Terragen will not have any influence to the update behavior. I am a bit amused (and of course angry) that sometimes Win10 just decides that your PC is not in usage when "ONLY" that little TG3 or 4 is rendering with that "little nothing" of CPU usage of 100% and RAM usage of 85%...  ;D ;D ;D

DocCharly65

Cross your fingers for me, friends...

After 3 bluescreens in 20 minutes I ordered this memory:
Ballistix Sport 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) UDIMM 240-Pin Memory - BLS4CP8G3D1609DS1S00BEU

After almost 2 years with 7d24h on 60-90% load it's time to let my 16 GB DDR3 [PC3-12800] Nanya Technology Modell M2F8G64CB8HC5N-DI rest in peace...  :-\

Hope the memory increasement and buying a compete set will solve some of my stability problems. 64 GB is at the end of month and with some dentist costs no option...  ;D

Kadri

With the use of those objects you will be at the edge very fast as it looks  ;D

ajcgi

Push it! Push it more! :D
You can have loads of RAM and still kick it into the weeds. I nailed my 32GB at home just by working on one high res poster for a client. Was a very big photoshop file indeed.

DocCharly65

Two Windows updates later...

Just to get a status quo for my film project at the end of the year I pushed a new scene.

Just to remember
The unknown entity (frames# 068, 801, 940):

[attach=1]  [attach=2]  [attach=3]

The new scene which was always in my mind:
The incoming fleet at the location of reckoning - or whatever will happen...  ;) :o 8)
(frames# 001, 045, 0200, 0500)

[attach=4]  [attach=5]

[attach=6]  [attach=7]

The decision has been made. If technically possible, the next "teaser" will be really long! And it will be mostly close to the final film. But some details I'll keep out including the pointe and the conclusion of the film...
At the moment I am still waiting for the finishing of some renderjobs. Eg. a short part R2D2 & BB8 will need app. 500 more hrs  :o ;)

Dune

Awesome, I'm out of words for your project. Seems like 2020 is now 2018? You're going very fast....

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on September 07, 2016, 03:37:26 AM
Awesome, I'm out of words for your project. Seems like 2020 is now 2018? You're going very fast....

2018? If that works, it's the merit of Matt and Oshyan and their TG4  :)
But I try to keep patient, because I've already seen some difficulties with sound, soundtrack and voices. Cutting is also not that easy and who knows what kind of surprises are waiting for me when I check the story-logic while I am cutting.

Hannes

That looks amazing, Nils! Especially the huge ships in the haze with the fighters in front of them. Great sense of scale.

Dune

You may be right.... forgot about the editing and sound part.

DocCharly65

Thanks, both of you  :)

Hannes, the scale was one of the things almost making my crazy... especially the firefly is such a small vessel, that I needed a "special move" for her to come into the frame in interesting but not overdone way...
The starfuries are a bit higher number than in the spacedock, because here I used (3) moving pops and in the stardock it were 42 single objects with individual movement to get the formation "stretched".

So in the spacedock 42 -- here about 60  ;D

Ulco, guess, what is waiting at home in my hallway to be connected to PC for the soundtrack...  ;)
[attach=1]

I hope, I didn't forget everything...  :D