Need a break?

Started by DocCharly65, January 26, 2016, 03:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Especially good on a panorama are the many possible viewing angles.

After stopping my 6000x12000 Render for messing up the Isetta I checked the ready part of the image with my panorama software. I was quite lucky that I can extract single parts and export them as an image in rectangular projection.

This one was one I liked most
(In the next iteration the old bark on the sidewalk and street will be smaller. Looks weird at the moment.

[attach=1]    a bit closer:   [attach=2]

archonforest

very nice one!

HEY! which redneck left the old newspaper on the street??  Man!, these people...
:D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

So you have this equirectangular projected image and you can extract 'normal' images out of that? That's cool. I have to check that feature in PTGui. Hope it's there as well.
And great detail, Nils.

bobbystahr

whoooeee, 6000x12000...I'd be a year rendering that....shows great details as Ulco said...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

It seems big but in panoramas it's an usual size... They sometimes talk about Gigapixel-images...  8) ;D

3 days rendering and I had this:

[attach=1]

The top part ran fast but the real hard core renderpart is the bottom! I guess about 6-8 more days until it would have been finished.

bobbystahr

You have the patience of an Amiga user, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 26, 2016, 10:45:07 AM
You have the patience of an Amiga user, hee hee hee
YEAH AMIGA RULEZ!!!...khmmm...sorry ::)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

DocCharly65

Back to "(my) Silent Hill   ;)

Getting a bit bored of all the space scenes, I tried to open and render my Silent Hill scene in TG4.

NO Chance!  ;D ;D ;D
I knew with it's some 100 millions of plants instances it was overdone and taking TG3 to it's limits, but with the higher memory consumption of TG4 I had no success starting any renderjob in TG4 so far.

I went some steps back and tried to create a new village scene with new buildings I bought at CGTrader.
But I am totally missing the charme of my "good old street":

[attach=1]   [attach=2]
[attach=3]   [attach=4]

Also at the moments with most of my concentration on other scenes (the stardock) I am too lazy to work on the details. Perhaps next year... and maybe only a fast fly trough animation with a bit lower quality...  ;)

But most of you know me a bit... giving up? A difficult concept...  ;D
So I twiggled on the original Silent Hill and tried to insert the Space Bubble in TG3 for a (or more ;)  ) later "Show Down Animations"

First little success: I tried to get a kind if twilight with a late afternoon sun and the bubble (two planets length far from this planet) above "the company" - or whatever it is  ;) 8)

Hope you like it a bit though the space bubble  should not be there (in real life)  ;)

[attach=5]

Kadri

Nice :)
How much RAM do you have ? Curious. I haven't had much time to pay attention for the differences in TG4

DocCharly65

Only 16 GB even the "big" i7
The last one I rendered on a i7 with even only 8 GB.

But most advantage for getting it to work on TG3 is that I could give the renderjob for the animation to Pixelplow. I didn't check the last weeks, but I think they still use the TG4 alpha...

Kadri

I see. It is always the same. In time whatever you have it becomes not enough.
3-4 years ago i barely used my 32 RAM. Now i have to be careful not to exceed it more then i would like.

Dune

Yes, you have to keep running to stay level with progression  :P

DocCharly65

In the last months I was watching the RAM consumption and render speed of my PCs speed a bit but I couldn't find very big differences between 6 / 8 and 16 GB. But the processor speed of 3.4  /  3.6  / or 3.9 made differences of up to 20% per frame.

Mostly I am a kind of juggler between renderjobs: Developing scenes on the fastest. Rendering first 20-100 frames also on the fastest. If a scene works - then finishing the renderjob on a slower PC. If I want it faster - Pixelplow...

Really absolutely most trouble is the automatic update function of Windows 10! I must admit - I am greedy and stingy with effective PC usage during their uptime. And I always could cry if I want to check the first frames of a new renderjob before I leave for the office in the morning and I see the windows login screen!!!  ??? :-[ :'( >:( :(

But this is a bit better now since I mostly check for updates before going to sleep...  :)

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on August 29, 2016, 03:27:15 AM

Yeah 20 years later if we are still here around in this forum-and in general :P - we will say still similar things probably  ;D

DocCharly65

Quote from: Kadri on August 29, 2016, 03:51:42 AM
Quote from: Dune on August 29, 2016, 03:27:15 AM

Yeah 20 years later if we are still here around in this forum-and in general :P - we will say still similar things probably  ;D

...to stay level with progression is just a barrel without ground (if it's ok to use this term)  :)

But I love it!  ;D