Road to Nowhere

Started by mhaze, March 01, 2016, 11:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Still testing 3.4. 

archonforest

to Nowhere? seems like we are already there :D
Great stuff! I really like it. Blue node mountain?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Very nice, Mick! I see we are working on the same sort of thing  ;) I especially like the sandy gully and its immediate surrounding.

digitalguru

Very nice!

Love the mountain and rock shapes -  looks like some new displacement goodies in 3.4?

Guess you can't say, but looks like 3.4 will be out soon....

otakar

Impressive! A few of the rockshapes seem just a tad sharp, if this is weathered sandstone.

mhaze

Thanks all. otakar, just playing not trying to emulate a particular rock form.  Sadly, digitalguru, there are no displacement goodies in 3.4 this is all old hat stuff really.

digitalguru

kudos on the displacement then! did you make them from function (blue) nodes?

AP

Good choice of colors and a very believable layout of segments. The scaling looks good to.

DocCharly65

I love the mountain and rock shapes very much! Very nice composition!

Dune

@ digitalguru: there are one or two blue node 'square' setups available somewhere in older threads. I used those occasionally, and I guess Mick does too. It's not easy to make a believable squarish rock face, though, especially close-up.

mhaze

The rocks are a mixture of standard rock displacements, giant fake stones and a modified version of a blue node set up posted here.  I'd like to credit the creator of the blue note setup I tend to use but sadly I can't find the post.  I'm still trying to create a usable squarish base to add the other displacements to.  TG stuff tends to be too rounded for square rocks.

Dune

I think both mogn and hetzen compiled some of the blue node squares.

mhaze

mhaze

Nope it's not in there either - I looked several times in that thread.  The .tgc is called CubedCosineNoise_v1.