Rocks and sea V1 WIP

Started by Michelh, May 18, 2016, 02:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelh

I took Oleg S. Scene named Rocks and sea an modifield it to get this.. It is only a start and yes i know that the scene is a bit too dark at the moment but its only a first pass.
I also modified the rocks to make them look different but it is using the same type of nodes.
Thanks you terragen user for letting us play with your scene an create our own out of it.

Dune

Dark, but the foam is great.

Michelh

Made a bit of changes to the scene its still dark but that should be fixed with the next render.

Michelh

Made a few more changes and added more details. Started to fix the lighting issues still need to work on it but I think it's already a lot better now.

ajcgi

Lighting-wise, consider a soft spot light outside the cave to the right, shining on the left wall, so that it mimics some of the sun light. Leave the directional light be

Hannes

Quote from: ajcgi on May 20, 2016, 06:24:56 AM
Lighting-wise, consider a soft spot light outside the cave to the right, shining on the left wall, so that it mimics some of the sun light. Leave the directional light be

I'd prefer a higher environment light multiplier instead of an additional light to get a more natural result.

Michelh

Okay, so I made a few modifications to the scene, I think it's better now.

Dune

mhaze

Much improved.  The boat is a great idea.

Hannes

Curious which modifications you made!

Michelh

I changed the sun light intensity,  added a white light at the opposite of the sun, changed the atmospheric intensity and the fog and tried to make sure the textures on the boad would be seen.

Michelh

Still wondering if i should add more objs to this scene..

Michelh

More changes.

Hannes

Sorry for the nagging, but 'd love to see this image without additional lightsources, but a regular value for the sunlight and an increased value for the environment light. I have to say that I really don't like the (lighting-!!) result very much. The scene is great, but imho the spotlight doesn't really improve the image. I hope you don't mind...

Michelh

It's okay am always open to constructive feedback. I did get the scene back to something you would like more I personally find it dark as I stated it before. I also started to create a video i should be able to show it by monday night.