Started by yossam, May 30, 2016, 08:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

An experiment.................... ::)

Dune

Pretty cool. Now all you need is a good displacement map for the ground.

AP

Nice Firearms and a clean ground image. I agree with the displacement.

DocCharly65

Cool! ... and agree with the displacement.  :)

bobbystahr

Agree, nice weapons. Have I mentioned here that there's a plugin for photoshop from NVIDIA that makes what they call 'Normal" maps from colour images that displace really well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

ajcgi

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 05, 2016, 10:10:06 AM
Agree, nice weapons. Have I mentioned here that there's a plugin for photoshop from NVIDIA that makes what they call 'Normal" maps from colour images that displace really well.

Would that be crazybump?

KyL

You don't need to do any of this... Also the result from a heightmap generated from a color, especially at this distance is probably never going to look convincing...

However, as I recognize the texture, here is the link to the pack where it's coming from. There is a proper displacement map. http://real-displacement-textures.com/rdt-sand-pack-1.html

I strongly recommend those maps to anyone interested, they are by far the best soil texture I've seen and works wonderfully with Terragen!

yossam

The bump is applied in both pics. The first at default, .01. The second is at 1. Take your choice.  ???

Dune

What happened to the shadows?

bobbystahr

Quote from: ajcgi on June 06, 2016, 06:33:53 AM
Quote from: bobbystahr on June 05, 2016, 10:10:06 AM

Would that be crazybump?

No, it's a free plugin from NVIDIA
https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

see sample from a med res image
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

yossam

It will not work in CC...............CC has its own bump and normal map generator built in. Tried the bump, haven't tried the normal yet. Will shortly...............

Another render............shadows any better?

yossam

This one has no bump map, has a normal map from CC in the displacement slot.

bobbystahr

The ground looks fine to me; but what happened to the shadows and what is CC?

they seem about the same to me btw
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

yossam

CC is Photoshop on the cloud........... :)  And I do not know where the shadows went............and I can't get them back. And I don't know what I did to get rid of them. This is strange...............everything has cast shadows checked, soft shadows is off. There is no cloud cover................just pure sunlight. Any ideas?

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: yossam on June 06, 2016, 01:49:12 PM
CC is Photoshop on the cloud........... :)  And I do not know where the shadows went............and I can't get them back. And I don't know what I did to get rid of them. This is strange...............everything has cast shadows checked, soft shadows is off. There is no cloud cover................just pure sunlight. Any ideas?

??? In section render do you click on (Do shadows) and the extra render section do you click on (Do ray traced shadows).