Yesterday's Project

Started by bobbystahr, June 02, 2016, 07:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Another in  my continuing series of lighting and glass architectural render series.C&C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

A very ultra modern house. A surrounding garden would look nice. Maybe a minimalist garden theme for a minimalist house? Maybe some ground cover along the hill would look nice.

bobbystahr

Quote from: AP on June 02, 2016, 05:30:03 PM
A very ultra modern house. A surrounding garden would look nice. Maybe a minimalist garden theme for a minimalist house? Maybe some ground cover along the hill would look nice.

I agree, this started as a glass and lighting test but it turns out to have potential as an actual scene. Rendering a view of the carport with a blue
Aston Martin 77 just a sittin there. Found that babe at 3darchive under characters...with all textures.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

An Aston Martin 77 would fit right in.    ;)   Also, the stained glass window gives the house some character. I failed to mention that earlier.

bobbystahr

Quote from: AP on June 02, 2016, 11:40:09 PM
An Aston Martin 77 would fit right in.    ;)   Also, the stained glass window gives the house some character. I failed to mention that earlier.

The multiplicity of windows is the main reason I chose this house for my glass experimenting in fact.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Here it is from the carport view
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

There you go and it matches the house fairly well.

DocCharly65

Nice project...

you can keep the car if  I can talk to the girl  ;D

luvsmuzik

Good window reflections and love the wispy cloud. Just a little more vegetation for me. Good job!

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 03, 2016, 10:30:56 AM
Good window reflections and love the wispy cloud. Just a little more vegetation for me. Good job!

see post #5...I may never do more with the surroundings as having too much fun playing with glass, light and the reflection shader...learning a bit as well. The reflection on the main floor window is actually looking through the house and sun room window to the trees beyond, heh heh...had me confused as well as it was an unplanned bonus....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Well now you fooled me on that one. I wondered how you got the back of the chair in there with the reflection, but I thought you were on to some new trick with the reflections. Nevertheless, it is a good render. I like the light direction and shadows etc...good one.

Hannes

bobbystahr

the next in this series the main floor living room...might do an upstairs bedroom if I have appropriate furniture....guess I could make some. Anyhow, here's the Living Room.
Thanks to Ulco and Jochen for all the pointers on my way to believable semi transparency  both fabric(lamp shades 1.0 IoR) and glassbricks, glass shades and stained glasses through out this project.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

yossam

I like those glass bricks.......... :)

AP

Indeed, the glass bricks are a direct throwback from the 80s. Just throw a neon clock in there and some indirect lighting.    ;)   Certainly an eclectic mix of furniture from other eras.