Terragen 4 Open Beta

Started by Oshyan, July 01, 2016, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Quote from: Clay on August 02, 2016, 05:09:53 PM
When I download the mac beta all I get is an html file?

Have a look above in this page. Try the same things but for a Mac instead of Windows..

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21705.msg220271.html#msg220271

sboerner

If the filename ends with ".dmg.html" Just highlight the filename and delete the .html. You should be left with a .dmg that you can open and install. Worked fine here.

Clay

HA! Sorry I wan't paying attention, sheesh thanks for a knock in the head:-)

Sun Gate

So I guess the decision is final? No 32-bit Windows version? Pity! :(

DocCharly65

Sorry - I completely lost the overview but I hope I post at the right place here:

Are there any news about the next version? 6 days remaining for me...  ;)
I don't know if you publish another open beta or versions for customers or already release versions.

My resume of the actual beta is quite positive - only some smaller things...

Positive:
Still very fast rendering - especially on obj-models
V 03.09.07 runs much more stable on all MS Windows OS so far (a bit more stable on Win7 than Win10)
Models are rendered ok now.

To be discussed if it's TG4-problems or operating errors by myself (I don't want to declare everything I don't understand as a bug...  ;)  )

Clouds don't follow moving planets
Independent which settings I change - planet translate or move textures / clouds move textures
They only move if I manually switch OFF "translate textures with planet" and then switch ON again in each frame.

Sunlight (or other light source) near a cloud created in TG4 causes flickering in animations. It gets better the more you change POV away from the light source. Changes of GI settings seem not to fix this.

If I want to edit "Y" animations (keyframes/curves) I MUST use the "Fit to curve button" to fit the curve to the window size.

[attachimg=1]

When I use my old "doubleclick" on the "Y", TG4 immediately freezes and must be restarted. On Windows10 PCs I even had one or two times that I had to coldstart the PC, because even mouse and keyboard were blocked. On Win 7 I didn't have this effect - restarting TG4 and it was ok again.

[attachimg=2]

This seems to happen with all animation curves which have x, y and z variables and only happens when doubleclicking the Y-curve

Oshyan

Thanks for the feedback. We are planning the next release to be the final, very soon!

The issue of clouds not following the planet may be an old one, but regardless we should resolve it. We'll try to reproduce.

Flickering in new clouds needs to be solved with the Animation-specific GI settings in the Cloud GI tab of the GI settings (new in TG4).

The Y animation editing issue is definitely something to check out.

Thanks again!

- Oshyan

Grassynoel

Here's something I did which I can't fix  :)
I imported an OBJ, navigated deep into the parts shader, copied the parts shaders nodes and pasted them in the top level. ( I wanted them there to instance to other obj's easily.)

I can delete the Default shaders but not the grey Object parts.

Glenn

Oshyan

Parts Shaders can't be used this way. You can't copy/paste them easily, only the shaders *attached* to them. I would suggest starting over and not attempting to do this as it's not an intended capability at present. This is because the Parts Shaders key off of UV coordinates that are specific to each object file.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 25, 2016, 10:50:19 AM
When I use my old "doubleclick" on the "Y", TG4 immediately freezes and must be restarted. On Windows10 PCs I even had one or two times that I had to coldstart the PC, because even mouse and keyboard were blocked. On Win 7 I didn't have this effect - restarting TG4 and it was ok again.

Does this happen on several different computers? Can you share the TGD with us to reproduce it? We have not been able to recreate it ourselves.

Thanks,

Oshyan

Dune

Still, maybe not recommended, but it sure works, and can be handy sometimes. Deleting the red parts shaders can't be done, deleting the grey object parts further within can be done after ctrl+D them and select both, then delete.

I added a transform shader, but isn't necesssary, the null is.

Btw, Oshyan; I'm on your tail  8) ;D

DocCharly65

Quote from: Oshyan on September 06, 2016, 02:16:44 AM
Does this happen on several different computers? Can you share the TGD with us to reproduce it? We have not been able to recreate it ourselves.

Thanks,

Oshyan

Good morning  :)
First thanks for the License Key. It came an hour ago.

I tried this procedure and reproducing worked immediately:
[attach=1]

I had this behavior on a
Intel core duo E8500 with ATI Radeon HD 4600
Acer X3300 (AMD Phenom 4-core) with Radeon 6570
Intel core i7 4770 with Geforce 750 TI
Intel core i7 4??? with 2x Geforce 7xx SLI (I don't have the details in the head at the moment)

I'm uploading a gathered zip into my cloud at the moment and send you a pm when ready.

Oshyan

Thanks, we'll take a look.

- Oshyan

Sun Gate

@Oshyan:

I cannot reach Planetside atm. My email to support@pla...uk got rejected and the contactform gives an error on sending (Opera 40.x browser)

So I ask here:

-  is it definitive that there will be NO 32-bit Windows version of Terragen 4?

A reply is much appreciated!

Matt

Hi Sun Gate,

We will make a final decision on this soon. However, it's unlikely that we will be able to support 32 bit Windows for much longer. If we can't, will you be able to upgrade to 64 bit Windows or are you definitely stuck on 32 bit? And which version are you using (e.g. XP, Vista, Windows 7)? We are now running into problems even supporting XP and Vista, which we are trying to work around but might not be successful.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

mhaze

Hi, when will the view preview in separate window be implemented. I'm desperate to use two monitors again!