Glen'coe'

Started by Dune, August 16, 2016, 01:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajcgi

Haha, I know what you mean, don't worry. Been using those masks to fake the appearance of erosion too. They're good for slopes of scree and the like.

Dune

I'm now trying a direct erosion, but a bit subdued, after the lateral outcrops and all.... see what comes out.

DocCharly65

Great again!

Though I prefered the first terrain a bit more. It was just more open ... (but only as personal taste)

Dune

Not really Glencoe, but it was hyphened anyway, so I'll post this here.

fleetwood

Like this one. A good near-and-far render.

bobbystahr

Love the last Glen coe but there's no flies on this massive cliff render either. I personally would like to see a screen grab of how you configure those Daniil gully erosions Ulco...And uh what's Easy Paint?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Dune

@ Bobby; you haven't found the Easy Paint node yet? A very nice new feature; one click and you've got some great looking waterfalls  ;)
I just painted them in Photoshop... ssst

If you add the Daniil erosion shader, but do not link the output to the normal line of nodes, but only to some blue nodes (convert... blue to scalar, + red, + green) as a sort of sideline, check all necessary stuff in the erosion shader, then output any of the blue nodes (through color adjust if needed) to the mask input of a surface shader, you get the maps to work for you. As it's not really inserted, it doesn't really erode, but you can use the maps to add some displacements at the maps white areas. Got it?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 04, 2016, 02:29:03 AM
@ Bobby; you haven't found the Easy Paint node yet? A very nice new feature; one click and you've got some great looking waterfalls  ;)
I just painted them in Photoshop... ssst

If you add the Daniil erosion shader, but do not link the output to the normal line of nodes, but only to some blue nodes (convert... blue to scalar, + red, + green) as a sort of sideline, check all necessary stuff in the erosion shader, then output any of the blue nodes (through color adjust if needed) to the mask input of a surface shader, you get the maps to work for you. As it's not really inserted, it doesn't really erode, but you can use the maps to add some displacements at the maps white areas. Got it?

Sadly no I hadn't found that yet...thanks for the mask making work out...will play with that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

O K Ulco, y got me...looked everywhere and no Easy paint shader..good one!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

It's right next to the Cool render button! ;)

Dune

bobbystahr

Spent 1/2 an hour lookin for it, hah hah hah hah ha
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New