Crusade's over!

Started by Hannes, September 03, 2016, 02:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Most plants by Xfrog, grass by Lightning, horse and basic knight by DAZ. I replaced the head (with the helmet and the coiffe) by my own and added some more stuff like belts and the sword, etc.
Something I had in mind for a long time.

Hannes

Ah, and I forgot to mention: I purchased NWDA's dirt pack for the forest path. Great stuff!

fleetwood

Really enjoying this one. Super render.

zaxxon

Sir Hannes! A beautifully shaded trail, be wary of outlaws my lord!

Hetzen

Lovely Hannes. Luscious and rich.

Kadri

Looks great Hannes.

The knight looks as it is really there.
The Horse does have a little different look(the shadows,GI).
Especially the lower part. Just curious if it is only me?

masonspappy

Oh wow - this is righteous stuff! Love the way it came out.
Is it possible to lighten up the figure and horse enough to make out a few more details?

Dune

Absolutely stunning piece, Hannes. Very interesting to scrutinize and enjoyed every detail. And I noticed you got the trunk, nice addition.
A very minor nitpick ( I hardly dare say) would be that the leaves all have the same structure in the right tree. What if you replace the translucency mask by a PF (or add it somehow)?

Hannes

Quote from: Kadri on September 03, 2016, 08:06:39 PM
The Horse does have a little different look(the shadows,GI).
Especially the lower part. Just curious if it is only me?

Thanks Kadri. I tried to get this silky reflection of a horse's fur, and had to use a reflective shader with blurred reflections. Additionally I had to adjust the bump mapping and used a reflection map. Maybe that's why.

Quote from: Dune on September 04, 2016, 02:41:38 AM
A very minor nitpick ( I hardly dare say) would be that the leaves all have the same structure in the right tree. What if you replace the translucency mask by a PF (or add it somehow)?[/size]

Thanks Ulco, good idea. After looking at this image a thousand times it's hard to see such things. Actually there's no translucency mask, just a bright yellowish green colour. I guess what you mean is some sort of artifacts caused by GISD (occlusion weight)?
So maybe I can add some variation in the tint diffuse colour tab. I'll see...

Kadri

Thanks Hannes. That's it probably.
That would look great as an animation  ;D

Hannes

Quote from: masonspappy on September 03, 2016, 11:51:43 PM
Oh wow - this is righteous stuff! Love the way it came out.
Is it possible to lighten up the figure and horse enough to make out a few more details?

Thanks a lot. Well that's a point. It took a lot of tries until I had a suitable sun position to get some light onto the knight. I already increased the environment light's strength. I guess that's it! And I refuse to use additional lights!! ;)

Hannes

Well, I have to announce that I'm an idiot (where's the headslapping smiley?).
I used the wrong textures for the leaves! Doing some test renders with the correct ones atm and trying to add some colour variation.

Dune

Ah, so I hit the nail  ;) Curious to see the difference!

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on September 03, 2016, 02:15:48 PM
Ah, and I forgot to mention: I purchased NWDA's dirt pack for the forest path. Great stuff!

Good choice!  :)

Very convincing path, forest and knight. Great!

Hannes

Here's the difference. I think it's better now.