Mission to Mars

Started by René, November 14, 2016, 08:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

W.I.P.

I haven't been able to work with TG lately but now I have started to work on a Mars landscape. It's a work in progress, so there is still a lot to do.

Dune

That's an interesting shape. Based on reality, or is it more interpretation and mood? I'm sure you'll make something exquisite of it.

masonspappy

René

Quote from: Dune on November 14, 2016, 09:14:25 AM
That's an interesting shape. Based on reality, or is it more interpretation and mood? I'm sure you'll make something exquisite of it.

It's supposed to be based on reality.  ;)  There are a lot f things  that need work: the colours, the atmosphere etc. It's procedural so it's no actual place on Mars.

These are some pictures i use for reference. It's hard to find images that show the 'real' colours of the Martian atmosphere.

archonforest

This is very nice. A bit looks like cartoon graphics. :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

And I see a very eroded Sphinx in the largest one, the last one of the first images :) This will be great whatever you do with it!

René

luvsmuzik: Haha, it really does look like a sphinx. I didn't notice it before.  :)

DannyG

The top twist and shearing reminds me of Volker's hornblower from years ago, that's certainly not a bad thing at all
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Thanks René. Nice challenge, good luck.

AP

I am looking forward to seeing where this will go.

About the martian atmosphere.

https://www.quora.com/What-color-is-the-sky-on-Mars

mhaze

I look forward to seeing where this goes. So far the rocks and textures look great.

inkydigit

Looks great so far René... I saw the Sphinx too!
Maybe a place for Nefertiti to rest ;)
:)
Jason

René

René

Quote from: inkydigit on November 15, 2016, 01:30:16 PM
Looks great so far René... I saw the Sphinx too!
Maybe a place for Nefertiti to rest ;)
:)
Jason

I tried it right away and it looks good. Maybe something for a future sci-fi themed project.