Mission to Mars

Started by René, November 14, 2016, 08:39:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

René

W.I.P.

I haven't been able to work with TG lately but now I have started to work on a Mars landscape. It's a work in progress, so there is still a lot to do.

Dune

That's an interesting shape. Based on reality, or is it more interpretation and mood? I'm sure you'll make something exquisite of it.

masonspappy

René

November 14, 2016, 09:58:07 am #3 Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:06:02 am by René
Quote from: Dune on November 14, 2016, 09:14:25 am
That's an interesting shape. Based on reality, or is it more interpretation and mood? I'm sure you'll make something exquisite of it.

It's supposed to be based on reality.  ;)  There are a lot f things  that need work: the colours, the atmosphere etc. It's procedural so it's no actual place on Mars.

These are some pictures i use for reference. It's hard to find images that show the 'real' colours of the Martian atmosphere.

archonforest

This is very nice. A bit looks like cartoon graphics. :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

And I see a very eroded Sphinx in the largest one, the last one of the first images :) This will be great whatever you do with it!

René

luvsmuzik: Haha, it really does look like a sphinx. I didn't notice it before.  :)

DannyG

The top twist and shearing reminds me of Volker's hornblower from years ago, that's certainly not a bad thing at all

Dune

Thanks René. Nice challenge, good luck.

AP

I am looking forward to seeing where this will go.

About the martian atmosphere.

https://www.quora.com/What-color-is-the-sky-on-Mars

mhaze

I look forward to seeing where this goes. So far the rocks and textures look great.

inkydigit

Looks great so far René... I saw the Sphinx too!
Maybe a place for Nefertiti to rest ;)
:)
Jason

René

René

Quote from: inkydigit on November 15, 2016, 01:30:16 pm
Looks great so far René... I saw the Sphinx too!
Maybe a place for Nefertiti to rest ;)
:)
Jason

I tried it right away and it looks good. Maybe something for a future sci-fi themed project.