Rocks, sand, dirt

Started by Martin, December 04, 2016, 11:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

I have a problem with the glass shader. I put a glass dome over the martian trees (would've been cruel to let them die in the harsh martian atmosphere)
But...it's either black or the inside is oddly reflecting something... it's just odd

UPDATE: Well..Getting there..The refraction is still strange though

Any tips ? I looked at other threads about glass, but I can't find the problem.

Martin

NO idea how to make that glass dome work.
So here's a few rock renders

j meyer

Looks like you took TG's sphere object for the dome, if so try an imported
sphere, that should give better results.

Martin

Quote from: j meyer on February 01, 2017, 01:08:32 PM
Looks like you took TG's sphere object for the dome, if so try an imported
sphere, that should give better results.

Thanks, that worked! :)

Martin

If I use an obj file without proper uv s, can I somehow tell terragen to use simple word coordinates to put procedural textures on it?

Martin

Sigh...I had to texture the damn thing. Anyway, here's the render.I made a sphere in 3ds max, and I though that if it's already open, let's make some scifi stuff , like a big telescope , and some space antennas.

Martin

what the actual f***ck , terragen, what are you doing. It renders the background beautifully, THEN  changes into that low poly Idon'tknowwhat.
Is that suppose to be some refraction effect?

Hannes

Don't worry, increase the ray detail multiplier in the render subdivision settings. It's set to 0.25 by default, so if you increase it to 1, it should look as you want it to. It's about the accuracy of reflections and refractions.

j meyer

Quote from: Martin on February 01, 2017, 04:02:05 PM
If I use an obj file without proper uv s, can I somehow tell terragen to use simple word coordinates to put procedural textures on it?

Pipe your shaders through a Transform shader set to world space.

Martin

Quote from: j meyer on February 02, 2017, 12:11:38 PM
Quote from: Martin on February 01, 2017, 04:02:05 PM

Pipe your shaders through a Transform shader set to world space.

Ah thanks! That's a good idea. I tried get xyz coordinated, get position etc, but not the transform shader with world space coordinates- which I use all the time by the way...
though I already textured the models , at least I know how to do it now.

Martin

Quote from: Hannes on February 02, 2017, 12:57:58 AM
Don't worry, increase the ray detail multiplier in the render subdivision settings. It's set to 0.25 by default, so if you increase it to 1, it should look as you want it to. It's about the accuracy of reflections and refractions.

Ah! thanks! Wonderful, I'll try it!

Tangled-Universe

Those floating rocks in the clouds on the previous page are great!
You're still using the free version, if I understood correctly?
Just asking in relation to that it looks like it could need a bit more AA-love, if possible.

Martin

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on February 02, 2017, 02:30:10 PM
Those floating rocks in the clouds on the previous page are great!
You're still using the free version, if I understood correctly?
Just asking in relation to that it looks like it could need a bit more AA-love, if possible.

Thanks! Yes I use the free version, though the AA wasn't on the max. I used 3 or 4 and I think 6 is the max? But I felt like I'm loosing detail on some parts with that. Also I do some post work on the newest renders, some blurring on the sides, and occasional chromatic aberration. It makes it look less like a sterile 3d render.

Martin

Forgot this one.

Martin

Cliff renders- and the Martian rocks in a normal blue atmosphere