bobbystahr

Thanks again WAS and LUVS, great additions
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

These are some test images of a cold blue ice shader test.
Just a glass shader node.The settings are kinda excessive. Play with them like you want.
The first image crashed after 82 hours of rendering at the GI step :(  So it is just a screenshot of the render view.
I think the base was an edited version from AP with voronoi displacement (VoronoiRockComplex4 probably).
Second image is my own different setup.

WAS

Quote from: Kadri on May 20, 2018, 12:08:04 AM

These are some test images of an cold blue ice shader test.
Just a glass shader node.The settings are kinda excessive. Play with them like you want.
The first image crashed after 82 hours of rendering at the GI step :(  So it is just a screenshot of the render view.

You already know my thoughts on the first and last render, but the second one in particular is really cool and a good show of it imo. Great work Kadri.

Oh, and you're welcome everyone! I should have more sometime soon!

bobbystahr

muchos gracias amigo..
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

Just an example with no displacement , a little (big values) displacement(above post does have smaller displacement) and with highlight.

WAS

That no displacement one looks really nice. I'm curious what a full on planet inside a sphere of that would look like ;)

Dune

Nice ice, Kadri. The long render times will most likely discourage me to  use your setup though. I hate long waits  :P

WAS

Quote from: Dune on May 20, 2018, 12:53:55 AM
Nice ice, Kadri. The long render times will most likely discourage me to  use your setup though. I hate long waits  :P

Don't try my moss xD You'll want to complain at me. Than again my setup is just molasses slow. Kadri proved that.

Kadri

I will use the ice node sparingly too for sure :)

With postwork of the same ice node. Could be done directly too and probably better.

Kadri

Not a material but this place looked more relevant for post this.

I wanted to see how the "Index of refraction" looks with negative values.
Over -1 it looks problematic (black). If you go lower (-1.00001 looks like the lowest) you get kind of this effect.
I animated that from -10 to -1.00001 in the two GIF's.

archonforest

Pretty cool effect!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd