Jungle Drive

Started by bobbystahr, January 16, 2017, 01:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Here are 3 tests with an original setting no SS a bit larger. a small crop was all that was needed in any case. Comments?...too close to this right now to choose.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

I know you are working really hard on this one. Can't say either.

This light is dependent on your atmosphere too, right? I just remember the trouble I had with God rays and wasn't setting the atmo quality high enough. Do you have more options for volumetrics with your version? Odd that it is somewhat grainy with your settings, but I do not know much about TG special effect lighting.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 18, 2017, 08:59:38 PM
I know you are working really hard on this one. Can't say either.

This light is dependent on your atmosphere too, right? I just remember the trouble I had with God rays and wasn't setting the atmo quality high enough. Do you have more options for volumetrics with your version? Odd that it is somewhat grainy with your settings, but I do not know much about TG special effect lighting.

I'm using a V2 Cloud with no Density shader for local atmosphere and it's quality is set at 2, should be plenty.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

I'm starting to think it might be a better image without the spotlight head lights. Trying a render without em now. Will post for C&C
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

And what if you use a very localized V3 cloud? Just a 5m range would do. I know grain in small clouds is very persistent, don't know why either. Same with smoke from train or fire, I experienced.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 19, 2017, 02:18:22 AM
And what if you use a very localized V3 cloud? Just a 5m range would do. I know grain in small clouds is very persistent, don't know why either. Same with smoke from train or fire, I experienced.

I think your original advice to drop the visible light part was well advised as I'm almost done a light less render and am liking what I'm seeing.
I've kept the foggy atmo though as it is a jungle and the road is wet from a recent deluge with puddles.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well here it is and I'm happy with no visible light as it has a greater sense of realness, they looked too fake and I couldn't get em to work like I wanted. 11:11:37 was the final's rendertime.

Looking at it here I see I could have made the road ruts wider and if I ever have another 11 hours to spare Ill re do this....sigh...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Looks good, Bobby. You could always just render a crop with changed ruts and add in PS.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 19, 2017, 10:37:53 AM
Looks good, Bobby. You could always just render a crop with changed ruts and add in PS.

Yeah that's a plan, save about 10 hours at Detail .6 AA 12 heh heh

EDIT

started...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

I tried a simple double luminous cone setup but without much luck. Was trying to replicate a visible light cone.....setup that other programs have.

This looks good. When my dad was in the Philippines, part of his duty was to help setup a communications center throughout the island he was on. Glad to see this one has electricity. hehe

AndyWelder

That's a great looking render, Bobby. I should dwell here more often...
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 19, 2017, 11:44:08 AM
I tried a simple double luminous cone setup but without much luck. Was trying to replicate a visible light cone.....setup that other programs have.

This looks good. When my dad was in the Philippines, part of his duty was to help setup a communications center throughout the island he was on. Glad to see this one has electricity. hehe

light cones are obj's?...the spotlight supplies the cone in TG but it's impossible to get it noise free atm I'm afraid. Maybe at AA 20 or something but I have other projects and that would be overkill for everything else in the scene. Don't you have a Spot light in the lights drop down?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: AndyWelder on January 19, 2017, 11:51:57 AM
That's a great looking render, Bobby. I should dwell here more often...

Thanks Andy will be posting a Fixed version in an hour or so. I re-did the road ruts and am doing a bottom crop.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 19, 2017, 12:11:55 PM

light cones are obj's?...the spotlight supplies the cone in TG but it's impossible to get it noise free atm I'm afraid. Maybe at AA 20 or something but I have other projects and that would be overkill for everything else in the scene. Don't you have a Spot light in the lights drop down?

Yeah, this was a trick ages ago, where you slice a cone in half and use it as a translucent emitter to replicate a beam of light.
Yes I have the spotlight, but like you, all I get is a grainy cone, which in real life is okay if you want to say its dust.....but I don't think that is what we are after.

I also have not tried to see what a spot does with experimental bloom.....another experiment to try.

bobbystahr

Well I tried all day to render a crop but some how my atmosphere settings are all different and none of the previous ones are working. Trying  one more test before I set it to do a new full render.

EDIT

Render even worse, gonna let the ruts be as they are as I can't even find  an approximate atmo to do a full render with. No point floggin' a dead horse.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New