the morning run

Started by zaxxon, January 26, 2017, 01:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

Jeffrey Pines with Speedtree, Megascan rocks, World Machine distant peak. The Rainbow Trout are mine.

Hannes

That's beautiful!!! Very calm and peaceful. A darker wet shader where the water hits the stones would make it perfect.

Dune

That's a beauty, Doug. I love that low view and the detail of it all. Nice composition with the seethrough.
May I nitpick? In very calm water I don't thing the waves that are there should have a ridgy top, but rather a perlin displacement.

archonforest

Wow! Great render. Love the calmness of the pix. Well done for this! ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

zaxxon

Thanks all!

Hannes, I agree that a 'wet' area at the water line would be  an appropriate touch. Any ideas on how to create such a shader in TG? I used to have a shader in Max that did just that.

Ulco, you can always 'nit pick', and I always appreciate your insights. How would you set that up to add perlin noise?

Dune

For wetness just add an empty surface shader, set max height just above water level, and some softness, then add a color adjust as child, set gamma to 0.8 or lower if darker needed, and then add a reflective shader in between and turn RT off. You can leave it one, but that takes longer, but also gives a perfect reflection. Usually, I add another surface shader in between carrying the reflective shader and set a minimum altitude at just below water level to stop reflective pinpoints under water.
For small wavelest, just set water shader displacement to zero and add a pf in front of it with small sizes and very small displacement. Like 0.1/0.5/0.05 and displacement 0.05. You can warp the perlin a bit, and mask it to get (wind)patches.

zaxxon

That makes perfect sense Ulco, I'll give that a try. Thank you!

Oshyan

Nice to see a somewhat different render style/approach from your usual (which are always very good, of course :D). For my taste I find the lighting a bit flat and game-like, and the stones in particular seem a bit overly smooth and lacking in angles or much roughness. Other than that it's looking very good though, and those issues seem easily fixed if you agree with the crits.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Like this a lot, especially the underwater clutter; must remember that for my next one with clear stagnent type water.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Waiting for the wetness-results ;)
But anyway already very beautiful!

ADE

looks good, my minus side of it is those pebbles, looks like ermmm,,,,plain and false apart from that looks great