Yet another Creek

Started by bobbystahr, February 16, 2017, 02:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on February 16, 2017, 08:47:05 PM
I very like the disposition of vegetations.

Thank you Pierre, sometimes I get lucky.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I would dump the mountain, and have the buddha sit on a rock promontery perhaps. Less shrub around it, but at least a clear view on which it sits. It's kind of floating now, it seems. And I would add some algae or lichen, so it's not so perfectly white. Like it's ancient! I do like the second POV. Perhaps also some more shore variety.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 17, 2017, 02:51:47 AM
I would dump the mountain, and have the buddha sit on a rock promontery perhaps. Less shrub around it, but at least a clear view on which it sits. It's kind of floating now, it seems. And I would add some algae or lichen, so it's not so perfectly white. Like it's ancient! I do like the second POV. Perhaps also some more shore variety.

Agree on the Mountain and had considered making the Buddah a corroded bronze..good hints all...back from a jam too pooped to tweak so my morning has something in it to do now ...other than laundry.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

I guess fleetwood's material file share for jade would not work outdoors...but would be a great one for an indoor use on that Buddha?
Veggies look great!

bobbystahr

Well back from the laundromat and I fired up TG4, loaded the creek scene, went to try and fix those lilacs but wne I hit the seed button it quit on me ...yet again. Guess I'll just have to phone Donny(my tech guy) as my life is a hell of restarts this way...will mess with other stuff till  I get more RAM.Pretty sure I just don't have enough of it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

By disabling(not just hiding) everything but the buddah and the rock he sits on I was able to get a moss pop on the rock, and it's rendering but I've just noticed that the lilacs need editing, sigh and the moss is not right so I'm cancelling out, shutting TG and turning it off. Then I do the reverse and I think it will allow a bit of editing without crashing...most frustrating but am convinced it's RAM
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well that method worked...will have to go through that again as I've yet to age the Buddah
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 18, 2017, 01:36:38 PM
By disabling(not just hiding) everything but the buddah and the rock he sits on I was able to get a moss pop on the rock, and it's rendering but I've just noticed that the lilacs need editing, sigh and the moss is not right so I'm cancelling out, shutting TG and turning it off. Then I do the reverse and I think it will allow a bit of editing without crashing...most frustrating but am convinced it's RAM
Bobby, just curious... does Terragen crash on every TGD you load? Or do the crashes seem to confine themselves to a few TGDs?

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on February 18, 2017, 06:01:47 PM
Bobby, just curious... does Terragen crash on every TGD you load? Or do the crashes seem to confine themselves to a few TGDs?

It doesn't always crash, just on .tgd's with significant assets hence my theory that it's the RAM. I posted the first message re: this issue when I reported my first BSOD. I have had 3, maybe 4 of those but many where terragen goes 'Not responding' and eventually shuts down. hopefully I'll hear from the tech dude soon. Right off the bat the originalRAM I bought had one 8G stick bad which is how I got this 16 G stick in, he put it there in an attempt to prove to me that it was all I'd need but from the benchmark page I see folks with up to 128G RAM IIRC, so I'm pretty sure you can't have too much of it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 18, 2017, 06:18:45 PM

It doesn't always crash, just on .tgd's with significant assets hence my theory that it's the RAM. I posted the first message re: this issue when I reported my first BSOD. I have had 3, maybe 4 of those but many where terragen goes 'Not responding' and eventually shuts down. hopefully I'll hear from the tech dude soon. Right off the bat the originalRAM I bought had one 8G stick bad which is how I got this 16 G stick in, he put it there in an attempt to prove to me that it was all I'd need but from the benchmark page I see folks with up to 128G RAM IIRC, so I'm pretty sure you can't have too much of it.

Perhaps not applicable to your situation but I noticed that a few of my T3 TGDs tended to crash in TG4.  TGDs created in TG4 seemed to work ok.  But whatever cause is I hope you get it fixed soon - I know how frustrating the crashes can be  :(

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on February 18, 2017, 07:39:44 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on February 18, 2017, 06:18:45 PM

Perhaps not applicable to your situation but I noticed that a few of my T3 TGDs tended to crash in TG4.  TGDs created in TG4 seemed to work ok.  But whatever cause is I hope you get it fixed soon - I know how frustrating the crashes can be  :(

Just had my 5th BSOfrigginD so it's a door stop till it gets fixed. I've reinstalled TG4 on the dell in the meantime to do some control renders as at least this dell is and always has been stable
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

That's awfully frustrating, Bobby. I hope your guy can fix it. Perhaps another bad memory stick, or they just don't 'fit' the mobo?

inkydigit

Great image Bobby, hope your pc woes are sorted soon....
:)

bobbystahr

He's getting a phone call today as we have a long weekend here this week so he'll maybe have time to come and solve this conundrum.
I really think it's a lack of RAM issue as low RAM situations work fine. I am so frustrated I reinstalled TG on this old Dell and did a control render of a mid difficulty scene. As you'll see below that it rendered fine, but upon loading into TG4 on the Corsair it went all BSOD on me
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Smells like one of the ram stick is faulty there...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd