Yet another Creek

Started by bobbystahr, February 16, 2017, 02:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Found the BugEye Koi and regular Koi I'd lost so I was able to finish a project I started on the other machine...with a BSOD and complete re boot before it would render but then did it in 33 min. I think a re boot frees up enough of my RAM to get thru it if I load and hit render as soon as the machine is up. Gotta get that 2nd 16G stick soon or I'll go nertz...C& C welcome
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Rumburak

Hannes

This looks beautiful. Very natural and calm.
To me the grass looks a bit "too green" and uniform in terms of color. I know this may be a problem for you, Bobby, because of your colorblindness, but if you'd reduce the saturation of the green color and add a PF into the tint diffuse color slot, there would be some more variation.

Dune

I can add that I don't like the lilies. I think it would be better without, or something else. Also some bushes to fill the horizon perhaps, some more species in the shoreline, and what Hannes says.

bobbystahr

Thanks guys, as I said it was an old one I'd abandoned when I lost my Koi folder, but I found it on a memory stick so revived it. I hadn't sussed the Colour Tab yet so I avoided it, I'm much better now and that's on the list. re: the lilies, I've used them better in a different render and they disturb the serenity this image has so they were on their way out as well. I was considering a small stone pagoda sculpture/lamp in the field some where...comments on that please. As Japanese trees are the main population, fergit which one, I was considering some spiky mountains not quite looming behind the trees?
off to bed now,3:30 A M here and i been up since 7 AMyesterday...thanks again
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Statue in the water with algae on lower wet level and some creeping up ivy?

Hannes

luvsmuzik

Where is my bench? I could sit here all day! Very nice!

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on February 16, 2017, 09:15:41 AM
Where is my bench? I could sit here all day! Very nice!

Are you psychic or what...I only just found the Japanese bench that I have planned for going under the Weeping Willow
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 16, 2017, 05:03:29 AM
Statue in the water with algae on lower wet level and some creeping up ivy?

Maybe a Buddah, I have a nice one of those with enough polys to do convincing ivy..
The Buddah looks good and I've put him at water's edge with ivy and across the creek and under the weeping willow I've put an ivy encrusted japanese bench. Did a colour vary on the 2 tree pops and the grass and popped an infill of Walli's blooming lilacs...test render sometime this afternoon
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Well I tried a full object render, but without shutting TG4 down and re booting and it nicely rendered a 1200x750 small test render but then went unresponsive while finalizing it and eventually closed TG4 with no save....sigh. So this one lacks the vary colour on the pops and the added lilac pop and mountains hadn't realized themselves yet.
As a side note I watched that video on the acropolis and remembered my fascination with the Golden Mean, and as I was watching on the screen popped the ratio,1.6 so I popped that into my render camera to see if the proportion encourages better composed images.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

For your consideration...C&C welcome...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

I like this - it's a refreshing break from winter scenes. The Buddha seems a bit large to me, but don't know if that's really how big the statue is or just my perception.

Jo Kariboo

I very like the disposition of vegetations.

bobbystahr

Quote from: masonspappy on February 16, 2017, 07:17:36 PM
I like this - it's a refreshing break from winter scenes. The Buddha seems a bit large to me, but don't know if that's really how big the statue is or just my perception.

Yeah, that's something I'm uncertain about still...thinking on it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New