Tidal area, some time ago...

Started by Dune, June 16, 2017, 12:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Agree with Doc Charley comments about water, but overall beautifully done.  Especially like the way your image handles human (or nearly human) form. Much better than I'm usually able to muster.
Was wondering though, what's with the pixelated area over the log?

N-drju

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 21, 2017, 03:06:04 AM
For a realistic impression of the movement you will need some water splashes around the foot in the sand and some droplets slashing from the foot in the air.

He's an elf. He makes no sound, no splashes, no nothing. :P

But seriously now, I'd also like to know how to make such splashes. It is perhaps easier to fake on a deeper water because then it looks, sort of, as if it was boiling.

As far as the sand is concerned I wouldn't complain that much. Remember that there are various coastlines with multitude of sand grains. In Thailand or Caribbean you get white sand, so thin you can't even feel the separate grains. In other part of the world, you can find a coarse, rough sand that is one step short of being pebbles!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Agree w/Nils and was gonna post the same things,,,nice work on the leg muscles.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Thanks guys. The pixelated area is to discourage theft  8)  ;) though it's easy to adjust of course, and perhaps not worth stealing.

I kind of agree about the sand and splashes. Both are possible, the splashes perhaps by local vdisp or an additional droplets object. Problem with the vdisp is that the reflective area isn't transparent, so vdisped uprisings wouldn't be transparent. There's always a way of course, so a small transparent plane would do. But it's too much work (especially the rendering; 7 hours), so I won't do it  :P Easier to do some postwork.

bobbystahr

Agree, for a fiddly detail like that post is the way to go and even though I generally avoid post I'd do it in that situation as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

This looks really fantastic! But since I'm a passionate nitpicker as well, I think Nils is right. The lack of splashes was the first thing, that came into my mind.
And this is really a tough one. I could imagine using small localised clouds with low quality settings, but I don't think, this would really look convincing.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I remember some water splash meshes somewhere, but I'm not sure.

Hannes

Sorry, I just found out, that I wrote before reading the posts on page 3...  :-[

Dune

Yeah, read and think before you write  ;) I might have a go after all, if time permits. Always in for a challenge. A combination of uprising (VDisp) splash from wet sand and loose droplets, perhaps just popped onto a small object around the foot (I'll make some). A croprender will do I guess.

Hannes

bobbystahr

"A croprender will do I guess."
my hero, LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 21, 2017, 01:53:54 PM
"A croprender will do I guess."
my hero, LOL

"A croprender will do I guess." ... Now I feel worthy again - I don't know how often I did it like that ;)

mhaze

Dune

So they were out of the tribal camp to get some food, with their warhammer and bludgeon - as good Neanderthal custom goes. Even some mammoth were sighted, but they'd be too big for just father and son. They came to a small lake. Father was a bit annoyed as his son kept playing with his new toy. They'd never spot some unaware reindeer like this....

DocCharly65

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My dear Ulco - I'm slowly getting worried about you! You seem to have too much contact to persons like me...  Your humor develops into a strange direction... like mine...  ;D ;D ;D

But anyway great render!

Hannes

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cool idea, and I like the guy's facial expression. The ground looks terrific! The mix of dry soil and partially dried grass is very natural.