Sun glowing

Started by luvsmuzik, July 09, 2017, 11:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

This is a shared tgd,  glowing sun. I am almost positive shared by Dune. So many of these files have shares dwelling in other projects...I could not find the source with a simple search, but I will try to find.
Accidental Stars post gets it:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19283.0;attach=53933

I want to decrease the light source strength on the sun just a tad, but hey....I probably threw it off by increasing camera exposure :)

pachalmars nebula background clip again
nebula and stars
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,2017.msg19724.html#msg19724
This time I bypassed the color adjust, changed the color, and rotated the global coverage. :) (with a transform input,world position)

luvsmuzik

version 2
sun planet haze height increase and masked

N-drju

Looks very nice. In some near future I want to create something like this too, only up-close. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

Thanks N-drju!

If one atmosphere is good add another!

WAS

Quote from: N-drju on April 30, 2018, 02:47:55 AM
Looks very nice. In some near future I want to create something like this too, only up-close. :)

Planet with a luminous surface perhaps and a global cloud may yield interesting results, if not a hidden planet and cloud layer with internal light source.

luvsmuzik

That is what gives the red orange look now 2 cloud layers with a strong light source. There is now a link to ground level fiery clouds in Scene from the Observatory post. Sort of done like an aurora, stretch the y axis and mask .

WAS

Here's my go, based on the original glowing sun file I had help on years ago.

As a TG Free user the first thing I do is up atmosphere quality to 32 instead of 16. Oshyan has mentioned no one should need to change this, but despite maximum settings of MPD 0.6 and AA 6 your atmosphere will be grainy in TG free. Two Atmosphere causes additional graining I've noticed. You can just place with the haze densities.

I'm not happy with the falloff on the ejection, would like to be more gradual. This is also internally illuminated, sun is deleted.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: WASasquatch on May 02, 2018, 09:57:41 PM

As a TG Free user the first thing I do is up atmosphere quality to 32 instead of 16. Oshyan has mentioned no one should need to change this, but despite maximum settings of MPD 0.6 and AA 6 your atmosphere will be grainy in TG free. Two Atmosphere causes additional graining I've noticed. You can just place with the haze densities.

I'm not happy with the falloff on the ejection, would like to be more gradual. This is also internally illuminated, sun is deleted.
Nice job! As I said before, I go for the look and then attempt to imitate. I have some understanding of which you speak, but some is way over my depth of understanding. I absorb what I can and try to learn. How are you using the Raw images? I see it is a mask of sort....???

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on May 02, 2018, 10:18:09 PM
Quote from: WASasquatch on May 02, 2018, 09:57:41 PM

Nice job! As I said before, I go for the look and then attempt to imitate. I have some understanding of which you speak, but some is way over my depth of understanding. I absorb what I can and try to learn. How are you using the Raw images? I see it is a mask of sort....???

I actually was planning on rendering out manual frames and assembling a pulsing star in After Effects, just an idea, but was planning for it. Having no animation control it'll be pretty static but just wanted to fiddle and try new things.

luvsmuzik

You could, couldn't you? Just a few frames and repeat....it isn't like you are moving something light years....

I meant to ask somebody about this...like should be possible to blink a light on and off...another day...

Too funny, Years ago when I had no clue about script animaion, I elevated the sun 1 degree per render for 100 little frames and made what I thought was the cutest gif in the whole world

Oshyan

I'm pretty sure I never said "no one should need to change atmosphere samples", just that under most *normal* circumstances* (i.e. daytime Earth-like atmosphere), and using Defer Atmo, it should not need to be changed much from 16. But... your situation is far from normal. ;) And given you're on the free version you can't increase AA with Defer to compensate, so increasing Atmo samples makes sense.

- Oshyan

sboerner

QuoteHere's my go, based on the original glowing sun file I had help on years ago.

This is cool. Definitely something I can make use of, too.

QuoteHere is the correct link for Dune's Glowing Sun tgd

Thanks for posting!

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on May 03, 2018, 03:47:06 PM
I'm pretty sure I never said "no one should need to change atmosphere samples", just that under most *normal* circumstances* (i.e. daytime Earth-like atmosphere), and using Defer Atmo, it should not need to be changed much from 16. But... your situation is far from normal. ;) And given you're on the free version you can't increase AA with Defer to compensate, so increasing Atmo samples makes sense.

- Oshyan

I believe that's exactly what "Should not" means. Under normal circumstances. Always my understanding. Should is by far from definite. And I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you said, you should not need to change the atmosphere samples, and went on to explain what you just did, though more elaborately about defer and quality settings.

I definitely up the samples to get a smooth atmosphere, since at AA6 it's noisy under normal circumstances.

MakeurMARK

Are there any tutorials on how to create a sun?
It's probably going to be my first project in Terragen. I need to be able to adjust settings so it looks like a dying sun (fading). So I end up with two versions.
I am currently inspecting luvsmuzik's "Glowing sun.tgd" to try and work out the process he went through to produce his sun.