Sun glowing

Started by luvsmuzik, July 09, 2017, 11:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: MakeurMARK on September 13, 2018, 05:18:55 PM
Are there any tutorials on how to create a sun?
It's probably going to be my first project in Terragen. I need to be able to adjust settings so it looks like a dying sun (fading). So I end up with two versions.
I am currently inspecting luvsmuzik's "Glowing sun.tgd" to try and work out the process he went through to produce his sun.

Take a look at my file share for a glowing sun with prominence: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24436.0.html

MakeurMARK

Wow, thanks WASasquatch.
Apologies for not finding this earlier.
I'll take a look....

MakeurMARK

I just got 79 warnings - unknown parameters. Is this due to me having Terragen 3?

luvsmuzik

Quote from: MakeurMARK on September 13, 2018, 05:18:55 PM
Are there any tutorials on how to create a sun?
It's probably going to be my first project in Terragen. I need to be able to adjust settings so it looks like a dying sun (fading). So I end up with two versions.
I am currently inspecting luvsmuzik's "Glowing sun.tgd" to try and work out the process he went through to produce his sun.
>luvsmuzik< Thanks for the interest in this file MakeurMARK. I cannot take the credit for the tgd download, this was first a Dune/Ulco file share.
Here is another one from Kadri that is interesting.   https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,8504.msg90732.html#msg90732     

WAS

Quote from: MakeurMARK on September 13, 2018, 05:48:34 PM
I just got 79 warnings - unknown parameters. Is this due to me having Terragen 3?

Yes, this that project is likely not compatible without swapping cloud models. I believe the one Luvs linked should work.

mhaze

Some amazing work in this thread!

MakeurMARK

I'm working my way through the setup for the glowing sun and learning loads.
Can anyone please help and explain how you get a "cloud layer inner" and "cloud layer outer" into the planet directory under the Object tab?

Dune

Ìf I understand you query well, you should rightclick on the node 'sun' and internally you'll find the two cloud layers. If you want to move cloudlayers from outside the sun node to inside, CTRL-C the cloud nodes, go inside the 'container node' (in this case: sun) and CTRL+V.
I hope this solves your problem.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 18, 2018, 02:19:11 AM
Ìf I understand you query well, you should rightclick on the node 'sun' and internally you'll find the two cloud layers. If you want to move cloudlayers from outside the sun node to inside, CTRL-C the cloud nodes, go inside the 'container node' (in this case: sun) and CTRL+V.

Wow...thanks Ulco, I did not know this....Just tried this and it's an empty page, or did I do something wrong. Only option I see is the empty Internal network
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 18, 2018, 10:47:10 AM

Wow...thanks Ulco, I did not know this....Just tried this and it's an empty page, or did I do something wrong. Only option I see is the empty Internal network

Sun OBJECT internal has the cloud layers bobbystahr

Agura Nata

Awesome work my friend!
"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on September 18, 2018, 11:24:54 AM

So what's the difference tween the Sun and a Sun OBJECT...I seem to have lost that page.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

MakeurMARK

Just to confirm before I move on: the sun is a planet that I rename as sun, correct?
Sorry, thanks for all the advise, brilliant.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: MakeurMARK on September 18, 2018, 01:45:58 PM
Just to confirm before I move on: the sun is a planet that I rename as sun, correct?
Sorry, thanks for all the advise, brilliant.

Correct. That is how the files I rendered are done.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 18, 2018, 01:38:16 PM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on September 18, 2018, 11:24:54 AM

So what's the difference tween the Sun and a Sun OBJECT...I seem to have lost that page.

Yes, planet renamed Sun (for adding atmo and clouds)....as opposed to a light source Sun