Nebulae

Started by Denis Sirenko, July 26, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denis Sirenko

I want to show you a couple more. It was an experiment with the use of non-test colors, but with colors that I will be used for final images.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

WAS

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on April 06, 2018, 07:16:53 PM
I want to show you a couple more. It was an experiment with the use of non-test colors, but with colors that I will be used for final images.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Wow, those swhirls are amazing. Really love those small details and swirly like motion. Just plain beautiful to me.

Also it seems we may have submitted a post at the same time, and/or, the image I just uploaded at 5000x5000 just broke Page 13 of this topic...

This is a much smaller version, wanted to mention the plugin Glitterato for Photoshop that creates neat starmaps which can be adjusted for use in composite work with some added glows and such.

Kadri

Those already look great Denis. Curious how the coloring, finished work will look like.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

Denis, yes I do have some "resources" available to me. :D Let's discuss off the forums. You can email me at oshyan AT planetside.co.uk :)

WASasquatch, yes your huge image broke the thread. ;) I removed it. If you need to post a 5k image in the future just put it in a .zip archive.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on April 07, 2018, 04:00:35 PM
Denis, yes I do have some "resources" available to me. :D Let's discuss off the forums. You can email me at oshyan AT planetside.co.uk :)

WASasquatch, yes your huge image broke the thread. ;) I removed it. If you need to post a 5k image in the future just put it in a .zip archive.

- Oshyan

I knew it. :o sorry for the trouble. I remember the same exact issue with SMF image handler in the past on a graphics tutorial forum I hosted. Uses basic GD I believe regardless if Magik installed or not.

Oshyan

I believe that's correct, GD2, but still.

- Oshyan

WAS

Denis Sirenko

Thank you guys!

Quote from: WASasquatch on April 06, 2018, 07:14:55 PM
As for the variations in total cloud forms in repetition similar to the Crab Nebula, I would imagine your original shared idea of using a base density fractal, and than separate warping passes and fractalization would create the variation needed. Especially a final large warp for those "lag" features if the the fractal warp shader with roughness turned down a bit doesn't create it. I'm actually working on a project with similar uses in order to create variance, but be on "track" with the whole form, while using the original form for each new element. It also also adjustments to all passes (cloud nodes) a bit easier without having to look into multiple density shaders.

Thanks, WASasquatch! It will take me a while to study this answer.

Quote from: WASasquatch on April 06, 2018, 07:29:19 PM
This is a much smaller version, wanted to mention the plugin Glitterato for Photoshop that creates neat starmaps which can be adjusted for use in composite work with some added glows and such.

It's cool that it's procedural. Perhaps this can be useful for animation. In the case of a static illustration with a nebula, I still prefer those stars that we already have for the game backgrounds. There are some special requirements for the game, which we took into account. Unfortunately, this is just the kind of thing that does not fit into my formulation of the "fully procedural nebula".

Quote from: WASasquatch on April 08, 2018, 08:43:09 PM
This may be appreciated by everyone interest in Nebulas here: https://www.facebook.com/SciTechUniversedotcom/videos/1994502220815907/

Yes, I've seen these nebulae. Here is the site of this man: http://www.salmonick-atelier.com/. These are the best nebulae in motion that I have seen. He created them in Houdini. As he himself writes, it took about 5 years. I suspect that 1 year left to create the basic scene, and 4 more to render)) These are very beautiful, artistic nebulae. But, nevertheless, he, and even more so to me, still has much to grow.

Denis Sirenko

I also want to share the small renderings that I did at the weekend. The colors are TG, but schematic (red, green and white). A new layer of thin "clouds" appeared, they are white.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

WAS

Those are just beautiful! And thanks for the share, didn't realize there were more done. Houdini is pretty cool.

Would be very interested in seeing a TGC clip of how you do those twists. I've been trying for couple weeks now and still haven't achieved it, I literally don't understand what you are doing different.

Dune

Extraordinarily beautiful! I really love your work.

Hannes

This is so fascinating. I have to say, that to my taste it doesn't look like a space nebula as much as it did before, but nevertheless gets more and more interesting. The patterns look even more like expensive particle simulations.
I'd understand if you'd prefer to keep your secrets, but I have to confess, that I really would appreciate an example file... :)

WAS

Quote from: Hannes on April 10, 2018, 05:09:23 AM
This is so fascinating. I have to say, that to my taste it doesn't look like a space nebula as much as it did before, but nevertheless gets more and more interesting. The patterns look even more like expensive particle simulations.
I'd understand if you'd prefer to keep your secrets, but I have to confess, that I really would appreciate an example file... :)
that's where I am at. There is stuff happening I just don't understand. I've been playing with wrapping and fractals for two weeks and cannot simulate those twisted rolls and fine particle like detail. Have you seen his original share for the principal?