Nebulae

Started by Denis Sirenko, July 26, 2017, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

From page 15 on, the Nebulae take on a surreal, unrealistic form. More like 3D tests, than accurate nebulae.

All these look like nebulae you can find. The latest, I can't find any references IRL that look like these. Star or not. I can in visually exaggerated films probably.

Denis Sirenko

WAS, it's simple. Old nebulae are the result of painstaking design in Photoshop of one or two basic TG renders, and a large number of small parts other renders. But the last nebulae are almost raw renderings. And in fact I'm flattered that you compare them, because I spent about 1-2 days to collect the old nebulae in Photoshop, and now for new nebulae it takes about 2-3 hours for post-processing (original images size 2048x2048 px).

I will remind you that for the game these new renders I will also cut into pieces and delete unsuccessful places, add stars, add beautiful gas streams and other things. However, this nebulae will be darker, as they will go to the background in the game scene. Therefore, while they are still bright and contrasting, I decided to show them to you. I hope I was able to clarify the situation.

DocCharly65

The last ones look even more impressive now with all the stars. Beautiful work!

Denis Sirenko

DocCharly65, thanks!

And I scattered a few stars before publishing another render.

[attachimg=1]

Hannes

This looks so amazing! Great work, Denis!

sjefen

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on July 21, 2018, 04:11:38 AM
DocCharly65, thanks!

[attachimg=1]

Please render this 1920x1080 so I can have a new wallpaper  ;)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

sjefen

Quote from: sjefen on July 22, 2018, 01:17:43 PM
Quote from: Denis Sirenko on July 21, 2018, 04:11:38 AM
DocCharly65, thanks!

[attachimg=1]

- Terje

I'll render it for you/me (if you'll let me)  ;D

I just went trough this whole thread and boy have I missed out!
This is so awesome! I love space and nebula's and to see someone make this in TG is so inspiring and mesmerizing.

I love this!  :-*

- Terje

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Denis Sirenko

Hannes, Sjefen, thanks!

Catch it! There are little differences here, I hope you do not mind.

[attachimg=1]

Denis Sirenko

I saw that the compression of JPEG spoiled the small stars. PNG-version without compression can be picked up here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19UO_loIkrn3tC8pe1d5lonuQRWAkVyZq

sjefen

Damn, it's so beautiful. I could stare at it for hours it's so mesmerizing.

I'm don't dare ask you this, cause it probably takes forever to render, but I'm just gonna tell you that if this was rendered with even higher resolution, I would definitely have printed it out and hang it on my wall.

I would pay for it  ;)

- Terje

128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

WAS

Quote from: sjefen on July 24, 2018, 06:35:04 AM

I'm don't dare ask you this, cause it probably takes forever to render, but I'm just gonna tell you that if this was rendered with even higher resolution, I would definitely have printed it out and hang it on my wall.

I would pay for it  ;)

- Terje

Heck, in general probably lots of moola in posters like this. I know I'd hang some up. Abstract art is getting really popular too

archonforest

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on July 24, 2018, 04:40:41 AM
Hannes, Sjefen, thanks!

Catch it! There are little differences here, I hope you do not mind.

[attachimg=1]

WOW this is really beautiful!!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Denis Sirenko

Thanks guys!

I would pay for it  ;)

Sjefen, I had a conversation today with my director about the sharing or sale of the scene file, so that you could independently render the nebula in the appropriate size. As you understand, the work was done on studio money and therefore I can not be the sole administrator in these things. The result of the conversation: unfortunately, we can't distribute the files of the final scenes and images in high resolution until the moment the game is released. And the release date of the game has not yet been determined, I think it will not be very soon. But thanks for the interest shown and sorry that I can not now help anything, except for the preparation of wallpaper without watermarks. Your interest increases the likelihood that in the future it will grow into a complete product for sale.

WAS

Quote from: Denis Sirenko on July 25, 2018, 01:13:57 PM
Thanks guys!

I would pay for it  ;)

Sjefen, I had a conversation today with my director about the sharing or sale of the scene file, so that you could independently render the nebula in the appropriate size. As you understand, the work was done on studio money and therefore I can not be the sole administrator in these things. The result of the conversation: unfortunately, we can't distribute the files of the final scenes and images in high resolution until the moment the game is released. And the release date of the game has not yet been determined, I think it will not be very soon. But thanks for the interest shown and sorry that I can not now help anything, except for the preparation of wallpaper without watermarks. Your interest increases the likelihood that in the future it will grow into a complete product for sale.

Maybe pitch the idea for promotional posters? I see the game is working partly of community action, perhaps that could play to your advantage. I know I'm already interested in the game myself, and would love to support it if I could. A poster campaign may help with sales as well as interest just cause of the nature of the mesmerizing high quality posters reaching out further than the initial game audience, and subsequently who they share their new poster with.

The relatively low cost of 3rd party poster producers these days probably wouldn't require much effort. There are even some on-demand retailers still out there that work based on individual sales of a poster.

I had one of my first "good" renders in TG printed when I was younger. Due to resolution limitations it's more a post card but I was super proud to see it physical.

archonforest

Technically you can upscale the image in PS without destroying the details. I have a method that works for me. Drop the image into PS and change the document size from 100 percent to 110 percent. Make sure you upscale only by 10 percent. Then repeat the same with 10 percent again and again. For some reason if you try to use bigger percentages the PS will destroy the details. Not sure why but this 10 percent steps worked for me several times. You might need to pump up the dpi settings also if it low.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd