Classic Erosion plugin

Started by Daniil, November 03, 2017, 05:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

It's sometimes when I populate and sometimes it's just after tweaking something and all suddenly I'm looking at my desktop'
The exact same setup with Erosion disabled has no problems. Sometimes it's when working with atmosphere...nothing seemingly connected to the plugin really except maybe some masking functions.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

SuddenPlanet

Bobby, did you get your CTD issues sorted out?  I haven't had any problems yet with the new version.  I'm just using the simple maps setup that Daniil provided though.

WAS

I never used the computer terrain before the erosion before, as needing two slows down rendering, and shading becomes an issue without two. Never had issues.

Haven't installed the latest yet.

bobbystahr

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on August 25, 2018, 12:54:42 PM
What is a CTD?

No but I thunk it's too much for this old DELL so I'll wait till the CORSAIR is running again...doing more music than TG right now so it all works out.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Daniil

#139
Classic Erosion v.1.1.0.1

- few bugfixes (some bugs slightly affected thermal erosion parameters interpretation and thus thermal erosion behaviour);
- User License Agreement changed to less strict: removed section "use it for press-related publication within any media, limited to a.) any textual description or recitation of Classic Erosion's functional, b.) printed or otherwise visual demonstration of the graphical user interface and c.) publication of graphic or video examples that explicitly demo Classic Erosion's capabilities, only if any of these publications contain explicit information about Classic Erosion's name, author and the address of his website (daniilkamperov.com), unless stated otherwise by the author in written form".

Some bugs are still not fixed, namely stability bug that was reported by some users and one strange bug that I watched few times (deposition map was extremely dark after some events; possibly it was temporary bug; please report if you experience it).

Daniil

bobbystahr

Thanks Daniil, have a great day.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: blinkfrog on September 02, 2018, 02:44:58 PM
Classic Erosion v.1.1.0.1

- few bugfixes (some bugs slightly affected thermal erosion parameters interpretation and thus thermal erosion behaviour);
- User License Agreement changed to less strict: removed section "use it for press-related publication within any media, limited to a.) any textual description or recitation of Classic Erosion's functional, b.) printed or otherwise visual demonstration of the graphical user interface and c.) publication of graphic or video examples that explicitly demo Classic Erosion's capabilities, only if any of these publications contain explicit information about Classic Erosion's name, author and the address of his website (daniilkamperov.com), unless stated otherwise by the author in written form".

Some bugs are still not fixed, namely stability bug that was reported by some users and one strange bug that I watched few times (deposition map was extremely dark after some events; possibly it was temporary bug; please report if you experience it).

Daniil

Is this where the deposition map has barely any detail in it? Least just really dark (black).

digitalguru

Hi Daniil,

Love the plugin, I purchased it after reading about adding secondary rain channels on this forum - and have used it to add some light erosion on a pre-existing terrain - really adds some nice extra details.

Have a question - thinking about rendering an animation on Pixel Plow - they list that they have Dkerosionclassic 0.8.10 (if that is your plugin) - would this be backwards compatible with the latest version of your plugin if I've saved out the erosion?

I'm also using the map channels for shading so I guess I might have to bake those to texture if it is.

Daniil

Quote from: WASasquatch on September 02, 2018, 09:11:40 PM
Is this where the deposition map has barely any detail in it? Least just really dark (black).

Not sure about details, but very black, yes. I had to set White point to really small values, like 0.000001 to see anything.
It seems I've just fixed this bug BTW.

Quote from: digitalguru on September 03, 2018, 08:02:48 AM
Hi Daniil,
Love the plugin, I purchased it after reading about adding secondary rain channels on this forum - and have used it to add some light erosion on a pre-existing terrain - really adds some nice extra details.
Have a question - thinking about rendering an animation on Pixel Plow - they list that they have Dkerosionclassic 0.8.10 (if that is your plugin) - would this be backwards compatible with the latest version of your plugin if I've saved out the erosion?
I'm also using the map channels for shading so I guess I might have to bake those to texture if it is.
Thank you. I think the project wouldn't loaded correctly at least because of changing plugin name ("Erosion Classic" -> "Classic Erosion"). I'll see what I can do for renderfarms, at least for Windows-based.

Daniil

digitalguru


Dune

Hi Daniil. I have a problem with the newest 2 plugin releases. Opening an older file gives me 418 warnings, and disabling the node or checking enable maps makes TG crash every time. I'll have another play and see what I can do, but I thought I'd post anyway.

WAS

I'm a little scared to update now. :( No offense to Daniil, love the plugin. Hope these issues can be fixed. I was literally going to update today to work on my mountain scene and try rivers.

bobbystahr

#147
Quote from: Dune on September 04, 2018, 08:47:12 AM
Hi Daniil. I have a problem with the newest 2 plugin releases. Opening an older file gives me 418 warnings, and disabling the node or checking enable maps makes TG crash every time. I'll have another play and see what I can do, but I thought I'd post anyway.

dunno why you're having problems. I opened a file from 2016 I think and in the attachment you hve the original, and 2 random seeds of it with nary a crash.
But I'm doing this on the DELL so I'm using Win10 and you're still using Win7 like my boat anchor/workstation....so it may be O/S related
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 04, 2018, 04:36:07 PM
Quote from: Dune on September 04, 2018, 08:47:12 AM
Hi Daniil. I have a problem with the newest 2 plugin releases. Opening an older file gives me 418 warnings, and disabling the node or checking enable maps makes TG crash every time. I'll have another play and see what I can do, but I thought I'd post anyway.

dunno why you're having problems. I opened a file from 2016 I think and in the attachment you hve the original, and 2 random seeds of it with nary a crash.
But I'm doing this on the DELL so I'm using Win10 and you're still using Win7 like my boat anchor/workstation....so it may be O/S related

Good to hear.

WAS

#149
I noticed something a little interesting, when one TG instance is eroding, another TG instance will have a un-editable (super slow/frozen) plugin instance. Are they somehow tied to the same resources? Everything else in the second TG instance works besides the DK:CE plugin while the other is eroding. The window will open, but changing anything causes the plugin itself to freeze (not a not responding freeze though), for example clicking a checkbox will highlight the checkbox, but it wouldn't "check" until the erosion in the other TG instance was finished.

Edit: Doing some extra testing, it seems I can get "one" change out of the second instance of the plugin before it than locks up until the other is done processing.