RD Texture Freebies

Started by WAS, June 27, 2018, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Not sure if anyone else has come across these, but they have some really nice textures and displacements available form real world scans. And some freebies, including a muddy forest floor which could be of interest to some of us.

https://www.rd-textures.com/product-category/freebie/?topCat=88

WAS

Here's a surface layer setup with a internal default shader setup for the muddy terrain. Not perfectly translating textures but looks pretty decent. You'll have to remap the image paths.

Hannes

Looks good. Thanks for the link.

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

bobbystahr

many thanks, got 3 of the 4 offered, no use for coffee beans I can't grind and brew heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Here's a test of the ForestFloor...works well I think..thanks jordan
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 28, 2018, 11:21:50 AM
many thanks, got 3 of the 4 offered, no use for coffee beans I can't grind and brew heh heh heh

I had the same thought. Looks nice though for showing texturing and displacement. The stone floor is really nice looking.

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 28, 2018, 09:52:24 PM
Here's a test of the ForestFloor...works well I think..thanks jordan

Well that looks really nice actually. I'm not sure I did dimensions even close to real-world, was mainly seeing how one goes about translating these sort of textures to TG. Honestly, it's Depth map gives it the most "pop", without it I think it'd look pretty bad.

As a note to everyone, that TGC should work for all their textures, purchased or free, as they seem to follow a convention with both naming and maps. Only thing that would need adjustment is scale of image maps and displacement tolerances/scales. 

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on June 28, 2018, 10:32:06 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on June 28, 2018, 11:21:50 AM
  Honestly, it's Depth map gives it the most "pop", without it I think it'd look pretty bad.

I totally agree
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New