Plan for 2018

Started by Matt, January 18, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla bla 2

Iam for  VDB import/export for clouds  :)

bsm3d

Congrat's ! -> Open VDB, Post-effetcs, etc and Waiting for new terrain modeling tool !

As I'm on EDU side I'm really waiting new documentations to help my students :)

Suppybird

Please release quickly Export OpenVDB. Every time new build come out, I jump and see the changelog immedialy just to read if it has OpenVDB features or not.

Oshyan

OpenVDB export is in beta testing. It will come sooner than later. Import will take longer.

- Oshyan

astrofalcon

Hey Oshyan, Is there any chance I can get on testing the beta? I'd love to put the new OpenVDB feature through its paces!

- Shawn

Quote from: Oshyan on July 21, 2018, 09:12:40 PM
OpenVDB export is in beta testing. It will come sooner than later. Import will take longer.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

Will follow-up with you via email.

- Oshyan

OldFlak

Hey people :)

Quote from: Matt on January 18, 2018, 03:47:37 PM
Subscription plans will be available as an option, beginning some time in the first half of 2018.

So we be well into the second half of the year now, is this still going to happen?

OldFlak....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Matt

Yes. We shuffled our priorities, but subscription options are coming soon. I stress options because we'll continue to offer perpetual licenses and maintenance plans.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

freedomfries

I'm excited about the .VDB import/export functionality. This would give studios another reason to buy/use Terragen. Easy, great looking clouds that can be rendered in other applications?

Yes PLEASE! When can we expect that ?

Oshyan

VDB export is currently in testing and is being fine-tuned for things like correct scaling and density export. There is a discussion thread about it which you may want to read through and participate in here:
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24626.0.html

- Oshyan

Suppybird

Still waiting OpenVDB with animation. I can wait thousand years for this awesome feature :D

sjefen

Would it be possible to get an option in the render node to do a clay render? It's not just because I think clay renders are beautiful  :), but it could also help with setting up the lighting. It's much easier to see what needs to be done with the lighting if everything is white or grey. Makes it much easier to see how the light and shadows play around in the scene.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

René

You could add, as a workaround, a grey surface shader at the end of the nodes setup that would cover all the other colors. It's not quite the same, but it works for me.

sjefen

I know, but this is very time consuming when the scene starts to get very complex
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

WAS

About the landscaping tool.... :3