Hannes' Cliff WIPs

Started by Hannes, January 19, 2018, 05:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Looking good. Some great displacements going on there.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

AndyWelder

QuoteIt's crucial to connect the very last shader to the terrain input of the pop, so that the populator can read the displacement correctly.
For this purpose I use a surface shader that's last e.g. closest tot the planet object in the shader line-up and disable it. I call the shader simply "Anchor layer" and so it will appear close to the beginning of the alphabetical "drop down list" that's shown if you make a connection to something else but the default "compute terrain" According to the same principle I give distribution layers for vegetation names that start with a number, those will appear at the beginning of the drop down list. A real time saver working with complicated set-ups.  :)
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Hannes

zaxxon

The vegetation really works well with the displacements, nicely done!

luvsmuzik

disabled?
Quote from: AndyWelder on January 24, 2018, 09:43:52 AM
QuoteIt's crucial to connect the very last shader to the terrain input of the pop, so that the populator can read the displacement correctly.
For this purpose I use a surface shader that's last e.g. closest tot the planet object in the shader line-up and disable it. I call the shader simply "Anchor layer" and so it will appear close to the beginning of the alphabetical "drop down list" that's shown if you make a connection to something else but the default "compute terrain" According to the same principle I give distribution layers for vegetation names that start with a number, those will appear at the beginning of the drop down list. A real time saver working with complicated set-ups.  :)

AndyWelder

Quotedisabled?
Yup! Sounds crazy but it works. By disabling it none of its properties does transfer to the terrain/surface but it's still accepted and working as an anchor for the populations... Okay, to be utterly correct I should say "not enabled" instead of "disabled" 8)

cyphyr

You could use any node really as long as it is not adding colour or displacement to your scene. Disabling it ensures this.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Dune

I sometimes use a null shader, with a null shader inside that is linked to the last shader. No lines visible  ;)

Ariel DK

Many thanks for your answers guys!
I want to try this on objects...
btw keep up with the good work Hannes ;)
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Hannes

...still trying things...

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

AndyWelder

luvsmuzik

Makes you want to revisit all the "Pirates..." movies. Love the hanging moss.

Dune

mhaze