SILENCER

VER102

Fabulous, very nicely done.
Take another stab at those clouds and you're in fat city

Hannes

Thanks guys.

Quote from: SILENCER on March 08, 2018, 02:53:05 PM
Take another stab at those clouds and you're in fat city

That's what I thought. The clouds looked cool in the preview, but in this resolution somehow artificial.

Hannes

I think the landscaping is done. I worked on the clouds, but I'm still not happy with them.

Jo Kariboo

Very good the fall is very successful. I have the impression that the color of light and athmosphere could be improved. With this vegetation we are in a tropical country but I'm wrong maybe but the atmosphere by this light makes me think more of a desert.

Dune

Yes, maybe a bit warmer and fatter, like this...

Hannes

Thanks guys! Good suggestions. I'll play with light and atmosphere a bit...

bobbystahr

All I gotta say is from the WIPs that have popped up the 3 judges are gonna be really hard pressed to not wind up with a multi-way tie for best of show....with the Dune tweak this is yet another  winner....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Thanks Bobby!!
Here is a small low res render with some mist and higher Red sky decay settings. Some contrast and brightness increasing in PW. Still tweaking...

Dune

Less and more subtle, I;d say and maybe not the prominent cloud. Don't forget it's about cliffs though...  8)

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on March 15, 2018, 01:30:46 PM
Don't forget it's about cliffs though...  8)

Oh yes, you're right... :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on March 15, 2018, 01:32:48 PM
Quote from: Dune on March 15, 2018, 01:30:46 PM
Don't forget it's about cliffs though...  8)

Oh yes, you're right... :)

that's the problem I'm having...cliffs have always been elusive for me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

OK, here is the (hopefully) final version. Slightly postworked (contrast, brightness, sharpened and a little chromatic aberration).

Jo Kariboo

I prefer this last version with its colors. The addition of light fog is a good addition in my opinion. I feel a form of damp and overwhelming heat as if it had just been raining.

Hannes

Thanks! Yes, getting feedback is so helpful. When you're working on an image for a long time, you loose your objective view sometimes.

Now I have to decide, which image I'll submit...

bobbystahr

I think this is the best yet, I barely noticed the crocs in the previous images, actually didn't notice them and thought you'd added them till I looked back.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New