15 miles on the Erie Canal

Started by sboerner, January 25, 2018, 11:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Quote from: sboerner on April 20, 2019, 01:11:22 PM
Thanks, Bobby. About that expression: He can't help it, it's just his resting bridge face. :)

😆😆😆

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: sboerner on April 20, 2019, 01:11:22 PM
Thanks, Bobby. About that expression: He can't help it, it's just his resting bridge face. :)

I rest my bridge sometimes as well...when I been chewing too much heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

;D ;D ;D

anyway I am curious for the next iteration (independent of the face expressions... :) )

sboerner

Quoteanyway I am curious for the next iteration (independent of the face expressions

Thanks, Doc. Me too! So much to learn. Am becoming very aware of the importance of knowing some anatomy, and am focusing on that and just building mesh after mesh. It's holding up work on the scene but should pay off sooner or later.

sboerner

Experimenting with some new shading techniques.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

It is. I also use procedural 'skin faults', and an image map of tiny wounds and pockmarks and stuff, that I can shift around on each character. If you use a guy this close you'd also need some eyelashes. In DAZ that's a very simple row of polys and an image map.

bobbystahr

yeah, eye lashes, that's what bugged me , jeez am I getting slow or what!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sboerner

QuoteIf you use a guy this close you'd also need some eyelashes.

Fair enough. He also needs at least some hair. But for now he'll be in the middle distance (or further back), so no need. But if he's ever used more prominently it would be easy to add those.

I downloaded the 2019 Mudbox trial and have been running it through its paces. There are some issues with the Mac version but the Windows version is solid as a rock. It's very easy to learn and use.

Another test for comparison with earlier version. Distinct improvement, I think.

bobbystahr

I agree...that bridge work is amazing...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sboerner

Thanks. There was less to it than you might think . . . started with a few basic pieces and did a lot of duplication and mirroring.

DocCharly65

Quote from: sboerner on April 27, 2019, 12:44:22 PM
Thanks. There was less to it than you might think . . . started with a few basic pieces and did a lot of duplication and mirroring.

But anyway it's hard work... I know it from working on finished models. My respect!

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on April 29, 2019, 11:53:12 AM
Quote from: sboerner on April 27, 2019, 12:44:22 PM

But anyway it's hard work... I know it from working on finished models. My respect!

ditto, I once measured and built the house I gre up in...took me about a year....modeled every part including the under floor LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

ajcgi

Wow this has come on a long way since I last saw it. The details are wonderful.