Dune's 2DFlame Card

Started by luvsmuzik, July 14, 2018, 08:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Quote from: WASasquatch on July 19, 2018, 02:53:32 PM
The PF SSS on the Sparks could be shrunk a bit to constrain to the shape of the fire but looks really nice. That is a interesting sky, looks cool.

Yes it was the first falling into my eyes! Great sky!

Hope I may make another suggestion? - the work is so good now, that it's worth to get even more perfect ;)
The bigger gras patches look quite regular. A bit like on a chess board. If you change  the spacing variation and the scale width of the population a bit (and/or make it smaller but denser), it could look more natural.

luvsmuzik

Thank you all for your help with this.  :)

Resized SSS on sparks card and did a scale to get 1 tall card mixed in with the rest. Dune/WASasquatch     
Repopulated masonspappy's grass. I had decreased that to see if its reflections were causing the marbling stuff.
I tried a small cloud effect glow at the base of the flames, but....that gave me an outline of Hannes's fire card setup, faint but annoying. >:(

btw, successfully UV mapped my little bench, yay me!

Some other noctilucent cloud doodles

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24154.msg244350.html#msg244350
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,3691.msg112298.html#msg112298

Hannes

Looks great!!

Quote from: luvsmuzik on July 20, 2018, 09:06:26 AM
...that gave me an outline of Hannes's fire card setup, faint but annoying. >:(

Strange. Is defer atmo enabled?

To my eyes the sparks could be a bit mode randomly distributed. It seems a bit like vertical rows of sparks.

luvsmuzik

Thanks Kadri!

Quote from: Hannes on July 20, 2018, 09:55:03 AM
Looks great!!

Quote from: luvsmuzik on July 20, 2018, 09:06:26 AM
...that gave me an outline of Hannes's fire card setup, faint but annoying. >:(

Strange. Is defer atmo enabled?

To my eyes the sparks could be a bit mode randomly distributed. It seems a bit like vertical rows of sparks.
Thanks Hannes!

Yes defer atmo is on with cloud glow effect. I think I trashed the render. I had just been trying some burst and bloom stuff, then tried the cloud.
Edit found render cloud glow, however....maybe shadow setting?
The sparks can be an easy fix, I will just increase the mask to lower amount showing. I think that pop has 6 cards as to show from any camera angle. I could figure lots of ways to do those too, just wanted to salvage something of the nice colors in the initial setup besides the transparency issues.

Little cloud puffs experiment...

Hannes

Dune

Maybe you need to lower the camera a bit. Now it seems like the flames are stopped by the shed's awning.

Hannes

I'd say, you need to move the cloud layer a little upwards. The glow occludes the wood pile.

WAS

I wonder if you could just take the fire image and blur it a bunch with gaussian, and than make gray scale, adjust exposure, and use as a cloud projection.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on July 20, 2018, 01:23:44 PM
Maybe you need to lower the camera a bit. Now it seems like the flames are stopped by the shed's awning.
Quote from: Hannes on July 20, 2018, 01:47:21 PM
I'd say, you need to move the cloud layer a little upwards. The glow occludes the wood pile.
Did both of those, scaled up the fire, made the glow rather smoky with a little cloud.

First image here no filters, second image is adjusted. I don't know if it is my mac stuff or me, so I made a brighter one. :)

Hannes

Wow, you're getting there. Looks fantastic.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on July 21, 2018, 08:46:20 AM
Wow, you're getting there. Looks fantastic.

Agree...must mess about with this file if..... it's ever not a nice day outside....off on my bike today.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Echo Hannes. But I still think you need to do something about the bright circle of stuff on the ground. Just making it a black sooty soft SSS would already be better, IMO. Add some tiny scale pf masking an illuminated surface shader for sparks on ground perhaps.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on July 22, 2018, 02:59:54 AM
Echo Hannes. But I still think you need to do something about the bright circle of stuff on the ground. Just making it a black sooty soft SSS would already be better, IMO. Add some tiny scale pf masking an illuminated surface shader for sparks on ground perhaps.
Ha ha! okay you don't like my burnt pizza? ;D