Blur painted shader mask

Started by surrealdan, March 21, 2019, 12:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surrealdan

Hi, is there a way to blur or expand a painted shader mask? for example painting a river on a terrain and blurring to create a gradual fade to the shore. I currently use falloff on the paint options, but would be nice to have that option. Thanks!
i7-3770k 4-core @3.5Ghz, 32gb
2x Xeon E5-2697 18-core @2.8Ghz , 128gb

bobbystahr

Quote from: surrealdan on March 21, 2019, 12:24:47 PM
Hi, is there a way to blur or expand a painted shader mask? for example painting a river on a terrain and blurring to create a gradual fade to the shore. I currently use falloff on the paint options, but would be nice to have that option. Thanks!

once you have the painted shader done apply it through a Distribution shade and fall off by height?

Also a transform shader after the Painted shader allows resizing to a certain amount, but not so much on rivers as resizing seems to move it around.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

surrealdan

Distribution shader seems specific to height or slope. This is mostly to blur the actual mask no matter the slope.
i7-3770k 4-core @3.5Ghz, 32gb
2x Xeon E5-2697 18-core @2.8Ghz , 128gb

WAS

The Painted Shader has built in flow and hardness (falloff) controls. Other than that, there is no way to blur the painted shader. I've asked for a blur shader for roster type things (like images).