Agent Smith only C4D and 3DS MAX

Started by DocCharly65, April 26, 2019, 04:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Oh Yeah! ;D

...sh*t... it has happened now... I have ideas...  :P ::) 8) 8) 8)

Dune

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on April 29, 2019, 12:01:08 PM
Nooooo  :'(

...yessss!  8) ;)

Just a rendertest in Blender... One of my big weak points: Animating walking persons is my nightmare.
First I had to play around with some parts of the object before I could establish any armature. Rigging itself was a horror, but a walking animation is the deepest hell of 3D modelling horror... if you are only autodidact like me and anyway no modeller...

But I hope if hundreds of them walk in a foggy landscape... perhaps it doesn't look so bad...

[attach=1]

Hannes

Doc, is there any way to import FBX animations into Blender, and then export an OBJ sequence? If so, try Mixamo. https://www.mixamo.com/#/
It works like a charm, and you don't need to skin the mesh. Mixamo does that for you. As far as I remember, you can even export the skinned and boned mesh out of Mixamo.

DocCharly65

Thanks Hannes! Many many thanks! Already testing... during the complete last night! ;D

Unfortunately, the entire film project is being postponed for some time now... e.g. started to animate the Klingons... yes - me with the turtle on my head! ;D

...now time to go to sleep...  ::)

Hannes

Yeah, Mixamo is a fantastic (and free) help.
Here is a small animation with a 31 frames walking animation. Five populations with different offsets each.

Dune

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Stormlord

Quote from: Hannes on May 01, 2019, 10:34:03 AM
Yeah, Mixamo is a fantastic (and free) help.
Here is a small animation with a 31 frames walking animation. Five populations with different offsets each.

Cool and really incredible...!!!

STORMLORD

bobbystahr

Awesome indeed, going to dl mixamo for when the workstation is a working station again...sigh...it's all about the bucks over here lately....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Bobby, you don't need to download Mixamo. It's a (free) online rigging service, and you can add a lot of animations to your model. It's best to upload your model (a neutral pose is recommended - T-pose would be best, but if the arms are slightly hanging down, it works as well) as an FBX . Thus you can embed the textures. Then you can export the whole thing as an animation (FBX again), and import it in another 3d app (so Blender seems to work, as Doc wrote) to finally export an OBJ sequence.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on May 05, 2019, 12:16:09 PM
Bobby, you don't need to download Mixamo. It's a (free) online rigging service, and you can add a lot of animations to your model. It's best to upload your model (a neutral pose is recommended - T-pose would be best, but if the arms are slightly hanging down, it works as well) as an FBX . Thus you can embed the textures. Then you can export the whole thing as an animation (FBX again), and import it in another 3d app (so Blender seems to work, as Doc wrote) to finally export an OBJ sequence.

noted for future reference when I get my Corsair back online...it's been down since last August shortly after my break-in...cash has been low here...sigh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New