U.S.A Places

Started by Lalla, May 15, 2019, 01:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lalla

I love some U.S.A. places and I use terragen (for now only 2) to "replicate" them... ^^
Here're some results.
Hope you enjoy them.
Suggestions are welcome.

Cathedral Canyon
Havasupai Point
Horseshoe Bend
Monument Valley (Not best dem, :( I haven't found one better)
Lalla

DannyG

Some great foundations to build upon, with those stratagen maps you can now you use Teragens Heightfield shader's fractal detail, add redirects & Strata & Outcrops very easily to add as much details as you want.

*I believe Heightfield adjust was available in v2, if not just disregard
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Lalla

Quote from: DannyG on May 15, 2019, 02:45:05 PM
Some great foundations to build upon, with those stratagen maps you can now you use Teragens Heightfield shader's fractal detail, add redirects & Strata & Outcrops very easily to add as much details as you want.

*I believe Heightfield adjust was available in v2, if not just disregard

No, in 2 I found only heightfield adjust vertical, no strata, or other...
Lalla

N-drju

Nice terrains Lalla, good choice of landmarks too. And the Horseshoe Bend - this is indeed a trademark word in geology.

As far as the Monument Valley is concerned, consider using one of my shares, made specifically for creating formations like that:

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23627.0.html
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

DannyG

What version are you using? I just checked my version 2.0031 that is from 2010. That has strata and redirects. Go to the shaders tab - add layer - displacements -  redirect shader strata and outcrops shader are there. If I were you I would just update to the free version of v4 so much has changed since v2. Your render times will be cut down by so much.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Lalla

Quote from: DannyG on May 16, 2019, 03:49:13 PM
What version are you using? I just checked my version 2.0031 that is from 2010. That has strata and redirects. Go to the shaders tab - add layer - displacements -  redirect shader strata and outcrops shader are there. If I were you I would just update to the free version of v4 so much has changed since v2. Your render times will be cut down by so much.

OMG! I haven't checked displ shaders! Thank you very very much!!! I found them!!! ^^
Lalla

Lalla

Quote from: N-drju on May 16, 2019, 03:29:08 PM
Nice terrains Lalla, good choice of landmarks too. And the Horseshoe Bend - this is indeed a trademark word in geology.

As far as the Monument Valley is concerned, consider using one of my shares, made specifically for creating formations like that:

https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,23627.0.html

mmm, how can I use your strata? For me this is all new, until now I use only stratagen software or create stratas manually with altidude constraints ^^
Lalla

DannyG

Look at the scene shots
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Lalla

Lalla

Lalla

Antelope Point Marina and Ferry Swale with "strata outcrops" shader
Lalla

DannyG

I am glad you got it figured out, search "strata" here on the forums and you will fine tons of information on how to customize it for each scene. I look forward to your work
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Lalla

Quote from: DannyG on May 19, 2019, 04:04:21 PM
I am glad you got it figured out, search "strata" here on the forums and you will fine tons of information on how to customize it for each scene. I look forward to your work

Thank you a bunch! :)
Lalla

Lalla

Little Colorado River Gorge

Outcropped a bit.

Lalla

DannyG

you're getting some nice structures now.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Lalla

Lalla