Trance Music...

Started by dhavalmistry, November 01, 2007, 04:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

anybody here a fan of trance music??....I am the big fan of trance music and I have pretty much all the albums (all the ones that I like) of these artists

DJ Tiesto
Paul Van Dyk
Armin Van Buuren and
Paul Oakenfold

I was wondering if anybody else know any good trance artist that might worth checking out!.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

mr-miley

Hi. I'm a big fan of trance and hardcore dance stuff (much prefer non vocals stuff) One of my favourites is a group called Trance Control, they're 2 german brothers. I joined the VIP club on their web site just so I could download all their good stuff and it was well worth it, though there are also free tracks up there too. The big live sets are stunning.

http://www.trancecontrol.com

If you use the "MP3 Vault" link and register (its free and you don't get any junk mail!) you can get access to all their free stuff. Well worth a listen in my humble estimation.

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

ProjectX

I love the stuff, although I don't own any. (Actually I don't own any music). I mainly listen to internet radios, for trance www.di.fm is a pretty good one.

old_blaggard

Quote from: ProjectX on November 02, 2007, 07:15:07 AM
Actually I don't own any music.
And you are still alive... how?
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

Quote from: ProjectX on November 02, 2007, 07:15:07 AM
Actually I don't own any music

yea...how the hell do you survive without music???

ProjectX

I make my own when the need arises.

As I said, I listen to internet radio.

I don't own music, I listen to it. It's free, varied, legal and high-quality.

dhavalmistry

yea....I like to take my music everywhere with me....

ProjectX

I have a good memory for music and can get pretty good playback of all the best bits in my head, or I listen to the radio in my car.

lightning

trance? hell yeah i love it
listen to armin van buurens state of trance every week ;D

my favourite artists are
above and beyond
ATB
ATA
Johan Gielen
Armin
Ulrich Schnauss

my favourite song is brobaly
above and beyond vs andu more air for life (the airwave remix) makes my neck hair stand on air
or blue skys from ATA great mystical natural tune to it ;D

wow thats great that i know people that like trance as much as me!

scott8933

You might want to check out this site to start:

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

Nice overview, and a bunch of his genre buttons have links to streaming radio of more-of-same.

Trance really peaked about ten years ago - there was some really great stuff but it was all on CD and I'm not sure how you'd go about finding it these days. So many tunes done by guys that just put out one or two songs then disappeared. There were some excellent compilation disks, all the Trance Europe Express series were very well put together, as well as a series called A Trip To Goa that went about six volumes, and those were all very good.

Off the top of my head, there were a few standout groups that lasted through the years - Eat Static, Astral Projection...tomorrow I can poke thru my itunes, I've got about 500 gigs of stuff I collected back before techno was called electronica.

But again, the best stuff was on the comp disks. Mostly just because the guys making it would just do a song or two then vanish to become a different "band".

Update to above, I just looked around the itunes store and there's a comp set called "Take A Trip To Goa", this is NOT the same compilation(s), and I listened to a few tracks and they sound pretty inferior. Avoid!

EBAndrew

Andy Hunter is pretty damn good, and Infected Mushroom is... variable, but their albums I'm The Supervisor and Vicious Delicious are really good (especialy Vicious - amazing!).

I'm kinda detatched from my whole music collection right now, and I've got a lot of techno/trance/electronica/rave on there, when I get to it I'll post some other good artists.
-Andrew

Tangled-Universe

I'm happy to live in the netherlands when it comes to trance music. Trance-party's like Trance Energy, Sensation (been a couple of times at both), MysteryLand, Dance Valley, DefQon etc. etc. All the dutch DJ's known across the globe.
Though I do miss one or two names of producers/DJ's which I personally like a lot: Leon Bolier and Joop

Ironshirt

Sensation is great (I mean the black one....   although it is less trance - for trance you have to go to the white one)
Unfortunately I missed the one this year - it was sold out too early...
But next year I'll not miss it!

Qbase is also a really nice party...    and we here in germany have Nature one and Mayday which are 'similar'.

But yes, the netherlands are the best adress when it comes to techno, trance, hardcore!

inkydigit

I prefer less commercial trance...more techno/underground...although in my vinyl collection I have some older psy/goa/tech/minimal trance and acid techno...

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: inkydigit on June 18, 2008, 07:49:27 AM
I prefer less commercial trance...more techno/underground...although in my vinyl collection I have some older psy/goa/tech/minimal trance and acid techno...

There's nothing commercial among the names and parties listed above, except for Armin or Ferry Corsten who do have hits in the charts from time to time. At those parties there's a lot of 'underground' and tracks you normally don't hear except when you're quite into the scene and it really has your interest.
I think by commercial you probably mean the more melodic trance with vocals sometimes, rather than earning big money with it?