Railway

Started by Dune, July 09, 2019, 12:42:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Some versions of my procedural railway.

WAS

Very nice. I have a forested version I need to render. Love the train tracks you made. Really cool idea. Wish I had a train to put in my second version of the scene under heavy fog. Wanted to have the fog light cutting through the trees and fog.
Check out the Terragen Community on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Terragen.Galleries/

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 09, 2019, 12:42:27 pm
Some versions of my procedural railway.

Very cool bit a small critique....railroad tracks only wiggle like that after an earthquake; their curves are a much more gentle radius, like curving over a mile or more. Still a lovely procedural set up.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Very nicely and cleverly done.

DocCharly65

Dune

Yeah, I know it's very undulating, but this was actually just a valley first, then I decided to put something in, turned out to be a railway, with slightly smoothed warp. The thing I don't like about such narrow valleys is that lighting is difficult, may have to experiment more with that. Or turn it into just a one-sided wall with railway. Fun playing anyway.

mhaze

Recently I've been exploring two enviro light nodes one set to GI and the other has a small amount of AO which seems to do the trick in these situations.

Dune

DannyG

1st one is my favorite for sure.

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on July 10, 2019, 03:52:57 am
Recently I've been exploring two enviro light nodes one set to GI and the other has a small amount of AO which seems to do the trick in these situations.

I as well have found that quite helpful.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 10, 2019, 01:59:26 am
Yeah, I know it's very undulating, but this was actually just a valley first, then I decided to put something in, turned out to be a railway, with slightly smoothed warp. The thing I don't like about such narrow valleys is that lighting is difficult, may have to experiment more with that. Or turn it into just a one-sided wall with railway. Fun playing anyway.

Figgered you knew that but couldn't resist a comment heh heh...I'm sorta off my feed it seems .
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Very nice, especially images 1 & 2.
Will you be putting more detail into the rail car?

Dune

It was a loc I found on the web ages ago, don't even know who made it (sorry), and in the first versions I had it simply textured, but later I added a RT reflective layer on some parts, which made it a bit nicer, but it can do with more diverse texturing; dirt, scratches, etc. I have thought about doing that, but went on with another render (the stream). I might still, though.