Railway

Started by Dune, July 09, 2019, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Some versions of my procedural railway.

WAS

Very nice. I have a forested version I need to render. Love the train tracks you made. Really cool idea. Wish I had a train to put in my second version of the scene under heavy fog. Wanted to have the fog light cutting through the trees and fog.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 09, 2019, 12:42:27 PM
Some versions of my procedural railway.

Very cool bit a small critique....railroad tracks only wiggle like that after an earthquake; their curves are a much more gentle radius, like curving over a mile or more. Still a lovely procedural set up.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Very nicely and cleverly done.

DocCharly65

Dune

Yeah, I know it's very undulating, but this was actually just a valley first, then I decided to put something in, turned out to be a railway, with slightly smoothed warp. The thing I don't like about such narrow valleys is that lighting is difficult, may have to experiment more with that. Or turn it into just a one-sided wall with railway. Fun playing anyway.

mhaze

Recently I've been exploring two enviro light nodes one set to GI and the other has a small amount of AO which seems to do the trick in these situations.

Dune

DannyG

1st one is my favorite for sure.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on July 10, 2019, 03:52:57 AM
Recently I've been exploring two enviro light nodes one set to GI and the other has a small amount of AO which seems to do the trick in these situations.

I as well have found that quite helpful.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 10, 2019, 01:59:26 AM
Yeah, I know it's very undulating, but this was actually just a valley first, then I decided to put something in, turned out to be a railway, with slightly smoothed warp. The thing I don't like about such narrow valleys is that lighting is difficult, may have to experiment more with that. Or turn it into just a one-sided wall with railway. Fun playing anyway.

Figgered you knew that but couldn't resist a comment heh heh...I'm sorta off my feed it seems .
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

masonspappy

Very nice, especially images 1 & 2.
Will you be putting more detail into the rail car?

Dune

It was a loc I found on the web ages ago, don't even know who made it (sorry), and in the first versions I had it simply textured, but later I added a RT reflective layer on some parts, which made it a bit nicer, but it can do with more diverse texturing; dirt, scratches, etc. I have thought about doing that, but went on with another render (the stream). I might still, though.