Today's render

Started by Dune, July 10, 2019, 11:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

A great start.  I really like the rock tex. Hoping you'll take this further.

René

The first 'valley test' with its subtle lighting is really fantastic. Very different from your commissioned work – something I admire very much – which probably gives you less artistic freedom.

Dune

Thank you. In between commisions I still like to pursue rock structures, can't help myself  ;) But these are a bit too artificial still. I love the light in the first one too. Working on another setup now.

Dune

A few more versions.

mhaze

DocCharly65

Great!
I like the first one because of it's "natural darkness" more than the 2nd one which looks a bit artificially brightened up.
But the 3rd one is the best of all! Great mood, great scene, convincing pose of the protagonist... Like!

bobbystahr

Agree, # 3,4 me...but they all have merit...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Love the stream path one. Good work.

Dune

The stream and path were the easy part, but I'm still struggling with those rock walls, I wanted something different. May have another go at a different setup today (after hoovering the house  :P)

masonspappy

Echo others who voted for #3

bobbystahr

"after hoovering the house" heh heh heh, there's a phrase I haven't heard since I got my Filter Queen ...found it in the back lane and after a 20 dollar update 15 or so years ago, it is still the best vacuum I've ever used...But I still use my Hoover Blender daily for smoothies heh heh, I just 'hoover' them up LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

zaxxon

Marvelous work in a shadowed canyon. Are you going to pursue the romantic lighting of the painting? Either way these images stand as a fine set of examples of your TG mastery.

mhaze

I used to climb a lot on sandstone rocks and those in number 3 are just like those rocks.

Dune

Thanks guys. As I wasn't very satisfied about the rock, I did some more tests, but haven't found it yet. I also did a test with defer all, and found that the opacity mask I applied to the stream didn't work  :( But it does render pretty fast and without doing background extensively first).

I may try do the painting, and its light, would be cool. First I'll have a look at the railroad Jordan set up.

Oshyan

The opacity rendering issue is a current limitation of Defer All. It will be addressed in the future. In the meantime perhaps you can find other ways to mask your water.

- Oshyan