Today's render

Started by Dune, July 10, 2019, 11:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I saw the issue being reported at the tracker, thanks.

A first attempt (new setup) for the Romantic valley. It's not very easy, so it's a little different still.

DocCharly65

The last one shows a nice mood, too.
Will there come more details to it or is it just a step stone to check another POV?
...some bigger gravel on the path? e.g.? :)

Dune

I'll check out the grass. I will probably keep this POV, but have to work on the path and stream and clouds, etc. It's nothing like the painting yet.

bobbystahr

Could maybe use some mysterious light from the sun?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

It's far from finished. First get the terrain in order. The square stones is a problem. Importing assets would be the way, but well, trying this in TG first.

bobbystahr

Coming along nicely, really like the mini waterfall....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

How much work it is ... but I should know! ;)

How close do you want to (or do you have to) get the similarity to the painting?

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 16, 2019, 05:36:52 AM
It's far from finished. First get the terrain in order. The square stones is a problem. Importing assets would be the way, but well, trying this in TG first.

The foreground rock on either side is pretty darn nice. I really like it. Very reminiscent of the hard dark gray sandstones we have up here in the mountains and how they break.

Dune

Well, I solved some issues, and got this so far. To accomodate for the chapel I pulled out the rock wall a bit (SSS+surface shader lateral displ), and to get the fall/water follow the terrain I switched some SF's places. Two holes burnt in the sky for the local light.
I don't think I'll completely get the painting copied. Might be possible with some careful landsculpting, but it's not worth the time. Quite satisfied with this already.
I'll have a look at some parts again, and maybe improve. Any suggestions are welcome, of course.

mhaze

masonspappy

Wow! Love the mood on this one! Nice Work!

bobbystahr

WOW a beauty image for sure...maybe some day I'll get there...sigh. Well done Ulco!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

Great sky, nice rockwall and landscape components in general.
Especially the foreground on the right would be better with softer
shadows and overall it could be a bit more yellowish,I think.
Keep it up man.

Dune

Thanks guys. I did another one with smooth reflections, which is much nicer. Softer shadows may be interesting. And added some statues. More yellowish... I'll consider it. Maybe a PT render would be nice too....

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 17, 2019, 01:32:11 AM
Well, I solved some issues, and got this so far. To accomodate for the chapel I pulled out the rock wall a bit (SSS+surface shader lateral displ), and to get the fall/water follow the terrain I switched some SF's places. Two holes burnt in the sky for the local light.
I don't think I'll completely get the painting copied. Might be possible with some careful landsculpting, but it's not worth the time. Quite satisfied with this already.
I'll have a look at some parts again, and maybe improve. Any suggestions are welcome, of course.

Very nice mood to the clouds here. This is based on a painting that you did? Could you share? Or did I miss it?