Today's render

Started by Dune, July 10, 2019, 11:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

Wow. Another killer scene.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 22, 2019, 01:32:12 AM
Yes, I know I can comp it, but am a bit lazy  :P I'll wait till August  ;) Sounds really good, Oshyan!!!!

In the meantime, I added some stuff and changed the rocks.

The colour and shine on that stone reminds.me of the Dark Souls game series. Erie.

DocCharly65

Wow, that looks marvellous!

I agree about the water... Though I'm always curious what's beneath the water surface  ;D
But here the mysterious look without knowing what's beneath is better.

Dune

Well, I did a small test in PT, but even this one took a few hours.

Btw. this is what I did in a lot of my paintings; add some stuff that could make you think of a story, a meaning.... think jealousy, leaving, death, the river Styx.

mhaze

masonspappy

not a typical image but very powerful!

KlausK

Impressing how you work through the iterations towards another great picture!

There is something I would still work on and that is the rock wall on the right of the image.
It has this kind of specularity like a "a vettige glans".
(that`s the closest I could come up with with my knowledge of the dutch language).
Don`t know if it makes it clear.
The left side of the image with the trees, the water, actually everything else in the scene has a more earthen, rough quality.
Which I personally like and find comes closer to what the Danby Painting had.
A little bit more blockyness, rectangularity (if that is a word) and detail, even a little bit more greenish colours in there
would be what I`d be going for - IF I ever came that far in a picture like you already have come here!

Great work again, really.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Thanks Klaus. You may have a point. I was considering adding some greenish moss/grass on slopes on the right rightwall, and some more color diversity, but never got to it. The 'vettige glans' surely makes sense, but it's supposed to be quite wet rock (misty, moist weather). Perhaps vertical areas of wetness/shine would be nice, like water streaming down in parts.
I may have another go...

DocCharly65

I already like the last version more than the painting :)

I don't know what it is but I am missing something on the right side rocks... just a feeling...
Perhaps some moss and lichens or small cracks. The rock seem a bit to smooth and even.