Old Rail

Started by WAS, July 12, 2019, 11:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Some sketches I did earlier today with Dune's Railway scene. Bare forests due to population limitations.

Check out Dune's Railway at NWDA: http://www.store.nwdastore.com/dunes-railway

Dune

I like these renders. Great job. The second one has a very interesting mood, but I would definitely leave out that ghost! Nice old railmachine too! Will you be rendering bigger?

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 13, 2019, 01:38:34 AM
I like these renders. Great job. The second one has a very interesting mood, but I would definitely leave out that ghost! Nice old railmachine too! Will you be rendering bigger?

I haven't asked anyone if they can render it at a larger resolution. That's as large as freeware goes which is a shame for 2019. 720p is small on my monitor. Hard to tell what's going on.

If someone were to render it off their license I'd probably add some brush pops.

Locomotive is Stphenson's 0-2-2 Locomotive "Rocket"; a very nice LIDAR model: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/stephensons-rocket-09d73611eeda4aa7a4f3643766b340da

Dune

Well, you can't give the file to anyone for rendering, but I could do that if you send them over. I'll have a look at the loc, thanks.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on July 13, 2019, 02:53:24 AM
Well, you can't give the file to anyone for rendering, but I could do that if you send them over. I'll have a look at the loc, thanks.

Oh that's right forgot we're even dealing with this. Guess wouldn't have mattered since only person I had in mind was Danny besides you lol

Thanks for the offer. I'll try and get the forest little bettered sorted and than send you a gdrive link. Really bugs me how plain it is.

WAS

Forgot to note it's suuuper late, and I'm barely awake so I'll definitely be doing this tomorrow. I have to manually "gather" the project too so gotta move some new models into original file structure of yours.

Dune

DocCharly65

Nice renders!
I could live with the ghost but would perhaps give it a different pose.

I would offer you a render too, but I think Ulco with his skills is the better choice to get not only a bigger render but also a better result and some suggestions... I assume :)

WAS

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 13, 2019, 08:24:30 AM
Nice renders!
I could live with the ghost but would perhaps give it a different pose.

That's what I intended to do, I thought I'd have him running and almost mid bounce but turns out the model I got isn't posable. I thought it was but maybe that was a related model I clicked on. There was another skeleton that was a little more fake (not scanned) that may work.

Oshyan

I actually rather like the ghost, it was a genuine and good surprise when I enlarged the thumbnail. It's very unique and a cool look!

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on July 13, 2019, 02:10:29 PM
I actually rather like the ghost, it was a genuine and good surprise when I enlarged the thumbnail. It's very unique and a cool look!

- Oshyan

Thank you. I often sometimes just blank textures and ramp up luminosity on random objects in dark scenes just too see the effect which as soon as I did it I was like "well that's interesting".

The deer models I found that I really wanted to cross the tracks in the normal scene are just trash free models and couldn't bare them. Maybe Dune can throw some of his raindeer in lol.

I finally got some time to work on a better population setup that should hopefully mask the distant forest flatness, added few bugs. Should be a nice representation of an old rail in a forest setting using this lovely rail system (truly ingenious).

DannyG

I am digging the first one for certain WAS, If you would like me to render it larger I certainly would.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

archonforest

Great scene. Like it very much!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

I'll have a go at the file one of these days, and hopefully fill in some blanks. Stay tuned.

Dune

Here's two versions, one normal render, one PT. I changed only a few minor things (not visible), and added some Deschampsia flexuosa (wavy hair grass), small blue flowers, and ferns. To get the light on the deer I removed some trees.