Functions Academy

Started by archonforest, August 08, 2019, 12:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

René

Let's just wait and see how it evolves. In the course of time, new insights may emerge as to how this forum might work best.

bcgreen24

Quote from: Oshyan on September 22, 2019, 03:20:35 PMJust a quick post to say the function node discussion area is definitely still in active development. It takes a bit to nail down the specifics of how best to structure and organize it, but Jon (Hetzen) and I are getting close to finalizing and opening it up to all. I think it will be a really valuable resource in time, and a great place to discuss this stuff. More soon!

- Oshyan
As long as the most useful bits are also put into the Wiki (or created there in the first place). :)

WAS

Quote from: bcgreen24 on October 25, 2019, 01:27:06 PM
Quote from: Oshyan on September 22, 2019, 03:20:35 PMJust a quick post to say the function node discussion area is definitely still in active development. It takes a bit to nail down the specifics of how best to structure and organize it, but Jon (Hetzen) and I are getting close to finalizing and opening it up to all. I think it will be a really valuable resource in time, and a great place to discuss this stuff. More soon!

- Oshyan
As long as the most useful bits are also put into the Wiki (or created there in the first place). :)

Likely not going to happen. I honestly don't know why they fight the community to update their Wiki, let alone any community driven ideas, and put appropriate information there. As is we're creating forum topics with image examples and erroneous summaries which most certainly will give the wrong idea to anyone trying to learn functions from the beginning. And it shouldn't take someone posting about it to "have a discussion". Should have been in the original posts, and as I mentioned, probably best in the Wiki prior to some obscure forum post. How this is expected to help new users is beyond me, except forcing them to be active in your majority dying forums. And expecting them to just start questioning every post, because, inherently, they know nothing, to learn something, this is not excusable. And really this stuff should be sorted out ASAP.

Matt

Quote from: bcgreen24 on October 25, 2019, 01:27:06 PMAs long as the most useful bits are also put into the Wiki (or created there in the first place). :)

That's the plan.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Quote from: Matt on October 26, 2019, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: bcgreen24 on October 25, 2019, 01:27:06 PMAs long as the most useful bits are also put into the Wiki (or created there in the first place). :)

That's the plan.

Lol. Hopefully not scraping user discussion for this. You'd think it would be from the get go before ever making a corresponding post on the forum.