Burial chamber

Started by Dune, August 27, 2019, 01:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Mind blowingly good for all that...now get busy and fell some of them trees heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Did so, and am inclined to do make more rotten fallen trunks and branches to scatter around. But not for this one. The only thing I may like to add is a sjaman, doing the rituals for this funeral.

I can only post with the watermarks I'm afraid, and low quality jpg.

Up to the next era....

bobbystahr

Much more better and don't feel you ever have to apologize for protecting your fine work Ulco.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Wow... that was a fast development!
And so good!

N-drju

I always forget to ask you Ulco - is your museum work based on some real-world terrains / topography or do you have the artistic liberty here?

So this is your vdisp dilemma image. ;)

Nice work. And a fresh memory for me - this summer I have been in Rome for a business meeting and the host took us to the Etruscan burial grounds near Cerveteri. I love ancient civilizations and this pleasant sense of vagueness and mystery enshrouding their achievements and constructions. Burial grounds specifically get your imagination going.

Thank you for a nice render. Watermark fully understood.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Sometimes it needs to be based on real ancient topography, so then I need to consult geologists and such for ground layer information, but this is quite free; just a slightly undulating terrain with a small brook and a higher place for the burial chamber. So I used warped simple shapes for nearly all (hills, path, stream, wheatfields).
Quote from: N-drju on September 03, 2019, 02:47:52 AMpleasant sense of vagueness and mystery enshrouding their achievements and constructions
That is what I like about this archaeological work, and I also put it in a lot of my older paintings. Mystery!