Discontented User

Started by PabloMack, January 16, 2020, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

That's the point here, Hetzen... there are other brushes out there. Entire professional "art kits"... and people are buying those instead...

Oi vey.

Also where have I actually blamed TG except spoke about what it could use that people will buy, which doesn't hurt anyone here, so why they are even here to "moan" is insanely negligent and serves no purpose but to argue.

Maybe people should stop feeling so personally attacked by beneficial change that doesn't even entail changing much if anything they are currently doing... Jesus man. Anytime anyone has a suggestion or this topic is recreated, you can count on the TG Rangers to get involved and shut things down, unknowingly shutting TG down and sales.

Hetzen

Quote from: WAS on January 23, 2020, 03:23:41 PMThat's the point here, Hetzen... there are other brushes out there. Entire professional "art kits"... and people are buying those instead...
Exactly. So why are you moaning here? Most of those kits will work with Terragen as well.

WAS

Quote from: Hetzen on January 23, 2020, 03:37:32 PM
Quote from: WAS on January 23, 2020, 03:23:41 PMThat's the point here, Hetzen... there are other brushes out there. Entire professional "art kits"... and people are buying those instead...
Exactly. So why are you moaning here? Most of those kits will work with Terragen as well.

Huh? Most of those "kits" are competing software. Lol

And I love how you are essentially saying PabloMack, anyone wanting change and improvement, coming with suggestions, are just moaning, showing how you simply don't understand how this all works, and are part of the real problem. Lol

Just because I don't shy down from people, doesn't mean I'm moaning, Hetzen. If anything you are moaning. You have no purpose here but to moan at me. Lol Any people that think I could care about them instigating or arguing with me, is wrong. I could go on for days. You'll never get anywhere, especially when you're fundamentally so wrong on basic business let alone this software.

WAS

Like honestly, do you think you're being clever here? Lol Talking about moaning, what's your point, your end game?

I mean what will you all do when TG isn't making enough sales to pay Matt's rent or worse? Still be just as content? Like I said, you're all the biggest drivers in Matt's work. And when you're fine when PS barely exists... Just wow.

Seems the community has created Matt's comfortableness and what's come of the software rather than him willfully ignoring what should be done or suggestions. 

KyL

Quote from: WAS on January 23, 2020, 03:49:13 PMAnd when you're fine when PS barely exists

You seem to have a better insight than many of us here, or maybe you are aware of things many of us don't know.

Quote from: WAS on January 23, 2020, 03:41:10 PMI could go on for days.
Please don't. The fire here is already burning quite strong and it doesn't bring anything. All I see is frustration pouring over, and even though I have a hard time (as many here) understanding it, I think we all want Terragen to keep going strong and improve in the next years!

If the same energy arguing here was put into proper documentation and tutorial, every human being on earth would already be a terragen master.

WAS

I can't comment on conferences or personal conversations directly, but yes somewhat.

It seems clear that's not the case with every time a suggestion is made, or this topic rebirthed; that the same people are "content" or fine with what TG as is, and usually don't even admit there need improvement if not for argument. That's not encouraging to development when these people are familiar with Matt, it inherently encourages focus away, as to the important people, things seem fine.

At the end of the day Terragen is a product. It inherently calls for critique, criticism, review and opinion. And it sells on that basis, creates fame based on it, or notoriety. Currently, TG is shrouded in notoriety.

And again, I'm not sure why documentation falls on me, or anyone else. That just falls down to Product Liability (something terragen meets all three categories in from the state Planetside is registered; not gooood). It's an admittance that development was not adequately tracked to not have documentation. These things should be documented as they're added, from the development side. And easily translatable to product manual/documentation. Same for any product legally sold. It must have some sort of manual shipped with it, or on it's packaging.