On vacation

Started by Hannes, February 03, 2020, 11:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Yeah, just point a mask at the sun for a hole in the sky.

Hannes

I know, what you mean. Actually there are no clouds obscuring the sun, so no need to drill a hole in the clouds. I tried several sun positions, and this was actually the one that had a nice balance between light and shadow. Positioning the sun to a place similar to Dirk's suggestion created a very dark and shadowy image. I'd like to keep it realistic, so I won't use second suns or such things.
But I'll keep on trying... :)

Hannes

In the meantime a version with a bit more blue sky...

Luc

I love both versions  :D

Great light, sense of scale .... 

your 1st version is my new desktop background :-)

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

Dune

I like this better in terms of sky, though the first had something brooding. Great piece anyway!

Hannes

Quote from: luc BIANCO on February 05, 2020, 01:37:21 AMyour 1st version is my new desktop background :-)
Wow, thanks!

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on February 05, 2020, 01:50:53 AMI like this better in terms of sky, though the first had something brooding. Great piece anyway!
Thanks, Ulco!

DocCharly65

I like this second one much more! Unbelievable good.
I've seldom seen so beautiful clouds.
So many nice details! Great

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on February 05, 2020, 05:11:29 AMI like this second one much more! Unbelievable good.
I've seldom seen so beautiful clouds.
So many nice details! Great
Thank you!! The clouds are two sets of altocumulus castellanus (small and large) almost out of the box.

Stormlord

Yes the second version looks better than the previous one in my opinion.
Great moody atmosphere (and the castel rocks definitely!).

STORMLORD

masonspappy

Wow! This is *really* nice !

SILENCER

Mad Skills, Broseph.

Scale in the river channel is great, and the ruins plus upper displacement really adds the sauce.

Kadri

Maybe this one is better but i like the first one more. I think because it does have the old stormy kind of paintings feeling.

Hannes

Thanks again!
Although I prefer the second one as well, here is another one with different lighting and some (hopefully) dramatic sky.

DocCharly65

Oh wow! A John Constable - or Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot? Good job again!

Anyway very close to everything I knew about romantic art style paintings.